Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wordpress switch off sidebar per page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm just putting together a very simple wordpress site for my son's band.

Is it possible (easily) to switch on and off the sidebar and what is displayed in it?

I do more in Drupal than WP and it is quite easy to collapse the sidebars based on the content being displayed, but WP will be easier for the boys to manage themselves than Drupal.

What theme are you using? Most theme include a "full page" template that you can select when creating a new page. That will remove the sidebar.

I was rolling a simple custom theme in Artisteer, none of the out of the box themes seem to have a separate page template.

Can you control what pages each widget appears on or do you have a simple all or nothing setting for the sidebar?

This was originally a simple favour, looks like turning into a bit more of a development project or I just swap over to Drupal where I can do it with my eyes closed.

Just re read if there is no separate page template then copy index.php make it a page template will probably work

Thanks guys, I think I'm there now, trying to keep it as native WP as possible rather than cutting some bespoke code.

If you'd like to PM me the site/login info I'll take a look for you. I'll be around for the next hour or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom