20i Reseller Hosting

AWS, landers, Transpact and DAN

Discussion in 'General Board' started by Hashim, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Hashim United Kingdom

Hashim Member

Hi,

I have three domain names, all currently with GoDaddy:

latestfooty.co.uk
    latestfootie.co.uk
    latestfootie.com

I'm looking to sell them all together via outbound sales. After doing some research I've decided to use AWS static websites to host my own lander because of the very low cost and because I'm confident I can design a better-looking lander that's more suited to my needs, but I need an escrow service to feature on the lander to be sure that the buyers can trust me.

I've seen a few recommendations for Transpact.com, which claims to be the UK/EU's most reputable escrow service and is very cheap - should I use it, or should I instead go with DAN/Undeveloped? Is it even possible to use DAN while using my own lander?

Thanks in advance, I'd appreciate the help, the information out there is overwhelming to someone new like me, and it would be good to get some opinions from the experts on Transpact vs DAN.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. Trauiner United Kingdom

Trauiner Active Member

Those domains are most probably worth about £5 for the lot, and that's on a good day.

I would see no point in using any sort of escrow service. Anyone paying the value of these domains is likely happy to just send you the funds upfront and you forward them.

Personally I would say you're wasting your time doing outbound sales. Your time vs what you would get for the domains just isn't worth it.

4. Hashim United Kingdom

Hashim Member

Why do you say that? Genuinely curious as I've had two XXX appraisals for latestfooty.co.uk alone on NamePros based on search stats. There are many big sports media companies with inferior domains who I can see wanting to take it. latestfooty.com is also listed for over $2000.

5. Trauiner United Kingdom

Trauiner Active Member

Personal opinion, to be honest. They're just not desirable names in my opinion.

There will always be a difference in people telling you what you want to hear and then what reality is.

I very much doubt you would get XXX for latestfooty.

If you do think different and feel you can get XXX, I wouldn't recommend trying outbound sales to big sports media companies any time in the next few months. I would say buying a domain like that is not on their agenda right now. You would be better off waiting.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

If "latest footie/footy" is a popular search, where are all the existing sites using it?

Where's all the LatestFootyNews, LatestFootyTransfers, LatestFootyGoals, LatestFootyGossip domains with websites on?

If there are none, shouldn't that tell you everything you need to know?

If people on namepros reckon they're worth something let them buy them :p because you're unlikely to find another buyer

7. lazarus

lazarus Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

In my opinion they are not worth the reg fee. Can you try to sell them on Namespro for something?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  8. keys United Kingdom

keys Well-Known Member Full Member

Estibot is says,

latestfooty.co.uk
    Less than $ 100 USD

latestfootball.co.uk
    $ 100 USD

Experienced domain sellers say $10

9. kodak United Kingdom

kodak Member

They aren't worth anything I'm afraid

10. Ben Thomas

Ben Thomas Well-Known Member

You guys are missing the point. OP asked for recommendations on Escrow services. For someone starting out, a landing page is a good idea. Whether the domains are worth something (as we all know) is relative to the buyer. Transpact is good, I would recommend.

11. lazarus

lazarus Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

+1 for Transpact :)

• Like Like x 1