20i Reseller Hosting

concrete5

Discussion in 'Content Management Systems' started by GLYMPSE, Jul 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLYMPSE

GLYMPSE Active Member Acorn Supporter

I've been searching for a designer friendly alternative to WordPress and I recently discovered concrete5.

It's an open source platform using PHP for the back-end/add-ons and a really simple template/theme system for the front-end. The client-side UI looks like a breeze, too.

I was open mouthed with excitement reading the testimonials and I'm beginning to believe the hype :D

Are any Acorners using concrete5? If so, what are your positive/negative experiences of it?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

I have a client who has a couple of sites, one wp the other this. In the end I've said I won't support the concrete5 site.

In it's defence it's modern and lightweight - mvc architecture and modular. The inline editing is a modern feature. The backend is a bit fussy imo and hard to get at sometimes.

It's the inlne editing stuff I also hate. I've seen them in wp as well with plugins like pagebuilder.

I've had to support a site that used the pagebuilder admin backend for wp - developed by a web designer who imo just used this to take f(*%ing shortcuts - and it's just a sheer pain in the arse. I won't support anything that in the end outputs html that I don't control, and these backend UI interfaces do that.

4. GLYMPSE

GLYMPSE Active Member Acorn Supporter

Grazie, tifosi.

I've had my fair share of WordPress ballache, so I'm going to give concrete5 a whirl and see how it goes.

From an Alfisti :)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.