Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Does “Domain Watch” kill link domains?

Reaction score
I just received an e-mail from Nominet about the new “Domain Watch” service. It’s about as clear as mud but seems to suggest that new registrants of deleted domains that were previously a site will need to prove legitimate use. Does that kill off any reason to register names with a link profile?

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought it was suggesting that registering a name that had built up previous goodwill would be monitored but I see what you mean now.

So does that mean basically if you try and reg Lloydsnank it will flag and suspend automatically ?

I did a search on the Nominet site for Domain Watch, also searched Google, no mention of it on either, is there a link somewhere to read about?

Thanks @wb. Yeah, it seems to be only about domains that are used for phishing, rather than domains with backlinks.

Last edited:
They spoke about it yesterday, it is intended to spot domains likely to be used for fraud and put in place a temporary suspension pending validation. The argument being that most fraud is committed with the 1st few days of a new domain registration so this will help to stop some on-line fraud. If you've got a legit reason for registering, they'll switch it back on as soon as you provide the requested info.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom