Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Drop cycle

This all has to change. It is no way to run a Registry. It's insanity.

• Funny
Reactions: Sam
Seen Dropped.uk have published this:

Dropped said:
Domain drop dates have changed effective 9th December. Our system is now returning correct expected drop dates.

Any drop lists you have exported beyond 8th December will now be invalid and you should export again.

All drop lists, as well as backorders listed in your account, are now showing the correct expected drop day.

What the hell exactly is Nominet doing? They're really starting to grind my gears. There's no notification from Nominet about this at all.

I suspect nominet might have just released Tuesday 10th domains on Monday 9th while they carry out maintenance therefore Wednesday 11th should go back to normal.. i doubt they will bring every day forward but today will show... if we start seeing Wednesday 11ths domains dropping today (Tuesday 10th) then we know we are in for a ball ache... Webhound spotted this early today and cleaned up, snooze you loose i guess!

105 dropped so far from 11th so looks like a ball ache. I've modified the chasers to go after the next days as well. Nominet said domains were dropping normally after 90 days lol. So I think they are happy in their ignorance as they don't really seem to know how the drops *should* work letalone why they are not working that way.
*edit - yep chasers picking up domains from tomorrow now.

105 dropped so far from 11th so looks like a ball ache. I've modified the chasers to go after the next days as well. Nominet said domains were dropping normally after 90 days lol. So I think they are happy in their ignorance as they don't really seem to know how the drops *should* work letalone why they are not working that way.
*edit - yep chasers picking up domains from tomorrow now.

Tomorrow being the 10th or 11th?

Domains that were meant to drop on 11th dropping today. Not much left for 10th as they dropped yesterday. We're a day out at the moment it seems - monitoring domains dropping on 12th and no changes. It was said earlier in the thread we have this until Thursday so I'm not messing about altering lists for now. Basically all chasers are chasing and ukbackorder is running so I'll keep a watch.

It was said earlier in the thread we have this until Thursday

These are the number of domains that were suspended from the zone files (therefore their nameservers were removed):
Code:
+------------+---------------------------+
| Date       | Number of domains removed |
| 2019-10-08 |                      7713 |
| 2019-10-09 |                     14722 |
| 2019-10-10 |                      6067 |
| 2019-10-11 |                       771 |
| 2019-10-12 |                      6267 |

So basically the usual overall number of domains involved and normal service looks like it would be resumed w.e.f. the names suspended on 12th October?

Looks like Mark Adams' strategy of spamming the droplists has come back to bite him, he's lost a few domains and lost the aging on a load more because they dropped before his last minute renewal.

Looks like Mark Adams' strategy of spamming the droplists has come back to bite him, he's lost a few domains and lost the aging on a load more because they dropped before his last minute renewal.

Mark yesterday evening...

giphy.gif

I feel slightly bad because it looks like some of the domains I picked up yesterday were Marks. But they were sitting there free to register, I didn't even drop catch them.

I've seen Nominet reverse drops in the past and revert them back to the old registrant, be interesting to see what happens in this instance

If something is valuable why would you leave it till same dy as drop to renew ? Anything i'm missing ? Woudnt wish it on anyone, but seems strange.

If something is valuable why would you leave it till same dy as drop to renew ? Anything i'm missing ? Woudnt wish it on anyone, but seems strange.

Advertising. People see them on the droplist, want them, make him an offer when they inevitably miss it. I assume it must be successful enough to make it worth his while.

• Informative
Reactions: dee
Everything will be back to normal by Thursday.

This is a permanent change where deletion dates changed from 91 to 90 days (post expiry) silently on 10th September maintenance.

I've picked through and pulled together details on all domains that have been suspended/dropped on my TAGs and it's not going to revert, as I can see the dates for domains scheduled to drop in January still at 90 days post expiry.

We're now running at 90 days and not 91, hence why yesterday I updated all drop lists, backorders and put the message up on the account dashboard advising of the change.

Yeah looks that way. I'm getting notifications from nominet that domains will be cancelled in 7 days that were in 8 days under the 'old' system. Got to love nominet though saying all along that nothing has changed and it's still 90 days (which it's never been before) after expiry. Insinuating that we've all been wrong for nearly 2 decades.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom