Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Feedback appreciated on our free deals website

Discussion in 'Affiliate Marketing' started by iCodes, Jan 19, 2016.

1. iCodes United Kingdom

iCodes Active Member

Thats because our 'merchant pages' use the search form to find them (it populates the search box), all the other pages, ie category, specific offer pages, specific code pages, expiring codes, all stores etc use the same as vouchercodes.co.uk

Lee

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. DLOE United States

DLOE Active Member

People search for store name + voucher code via Google.

They don't visit your site and then start searching.

Owning a few voucher sites I can tell you that 90% of your traffic comes from people searching for brand + voucher code terms so it's key to have those pages optimized.

4. iCodes United Kingdom

iCodes Active Member

Anyway, it's all been great help thanks very much, i'll go and try and do a bit of a re-design and see if anything can be done about those static search urls.

Cheers

Lee

5. iCodes United Kingdom

iCodes Active Member

6. iCodes United Kingdom

iCodes Active Member

Is the layout starting to look better or still just as bad? http://reald.co.uk/

Still need to do a proper homepage yet.

Lee

7. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

8. iCodes United Kingdom

iCodes Active Member

Ha ha, well that answers my question anyway!, apart from my personal opinion being that ours looks better than those, it's far more flexible for users to customize and make their own... and certainly works much better than those to import the data, I doubt very much that such as Clipper or Couponpress would be overjoyed about us buying a copy of their script, tweaking it a little then giving it away to all their potential customers for free.

Cheers

Lee

9. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member

Lee, just out of curiosity.....what type of monitor and resolution do you use ? I always try and understand from someone else's perspective to judge what/how they are seeing what they are seeing or whether its just a matter of personal taste getting in the way.

The only thing i can think of is that your screen res/colours/monitor may not be showing you what is really there.

For example I had a client the other week telling me they didnt like the pink on a site, took a trip over to their office and low and behold their resolution was set on something I can only imagine being from 1999, they were using IE 8 or something stupid as a browser and their colour/gamma on their colour settings were set so high that all nice clean greys were showing as pink.

That being said, your making progress. The site is better than what it was before. But wouldnt put it in the same ball park quite yet as the others.

10. iCodes United Kingdom

iCodes Active Member

I'm on a laptop 1366 x 768, however really the colours and the graphics (header, buttons etc) are not really relevant in this case as the default theme when users download it doesn't have those graphics and the colours are just blues.

The idea is the site is as basic as possible but functional (but didn't want it to look dated with no hope of the user being able to improve it via the admin area), then the users set the colours and upload their own graphics, add their own plugins such as sliders, social icons, rating plugins, banners and so on.

We didn't really want to create another couponpress which has everything out of the box and so the user just gets lazy, doesn't do anything, and it's just another of one the thousands of cloned pretty couponpress websites floating about.

Lee

11. ian

ian Well-Known Member

With the greatest of respect, if you think that your site looks better than those Wordpress examples, then you have more jobs to tackle than you think. Sorry :(

Is this is a recently created coupon/discount site? If so, I fear you've missed the boat by about 10 years.

12. iCodes United Kingdom

iCodes Active Member

Thanks for your opinion, but I haven't missed the boat, I am the boat lol, i've been feeding most of the UK voucher sites with deals since 2008 and the US since 2009 and have over 4000 registered users including big names such as Couponcabin, vouchercloud, pricerunner, shop.com, etc, also been voted the number 2 affiliate service in the UK by affiliate window (missed number 1 spot because we are not free)

The site is for the smaller affiliates to download (for free) to get them started using our feeds so they don't have to pay third parties, the site doesn't have to be just a voucher site, infact a lot of our users don't import the vouchers at all, they import the offers for whatever niche they are promoting.

Lee

13. iCodes United Kingdom

iCodes Active Member

I'm afraid this isn't a design improvement but an option to run a live wordpress deals site without the need to do anything at all once setup, no importing required so zero maintenance.

http://icodes.live/

Surely thats a good alternative to just parking domains?, it can run any niche at all, and if no offers are found it will pull products from Amazons API.

Getting ready for more slating haha

Lee

14. Kari

Kari Retired Member

I presume all codes are "mainstream" and NOT exclusive ??

For example, if some codes are unique to yourselves then obviously they are tracked to the merchant and assigned to the account the code was issued to

So if any codes are exclusive affiliates could be missing out on commissions
    If it was me I wouldn't be too happy promoting someone else' exclusive code

15. iCodes United Kingdom

iCodes Active Member

The codes and offers are taken from network feeds which are for any affiliate, the feeds are just tidied, categorised and put in a single format before they go live in our feeds.

The feeds contain the affiliate ID of the affiliate.

Lee

16. iCodes United Kingdom

iCodes Active Member

Been a member here for 11 years, still amazes me the negativity of people.

For the record, the service is 100% legit, thousands of happy users who have been using us for years, I posted for advice on improving a site design of a free theme we are giving away,and your thoughts on the idea of a live website without importing issues, the validity of a tried and tested service over the last 8 years isn't really in question.

Thanks to the one poster who has actually gave me some productive feedback, it was a great help :)

17. pberry4032 United Kingdom

pberry4032 Active Member

I found your website before when looking to develop a domain but thought I couldn't add my affiliate tracking code in and could only monetise the site via adverts. Is that not correct then?

Thanks

Paul

18. iCodes United Kingdom

iCodes Active Member

Hi Paul

That is not correct, you enter your affiliate IDs via 'Configure Feed' > 'My Affiliate IDs' and press' UPDATE.

Your IDs will then be used on all the merchants you tell us you are joined to via 'Configure Feed' > 'My Merchants'

http://www.icodes.co.uk/tutorials/Configure+Your+Feed.html

Lee

19. pberry4032 United Kingdom

pberry4032 Active Member

Thanks Lee.

Might well have a go then!

Regards

Paul

20. iCodes United Kingdom

iCodes Active Member

21. pberry4032 United Kingdom

pberry4032 Active Member