Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

fly.co.uk sold £87,500

Status
Not open for further replies.
may skip on the porsche

:)

But sure a thanks can be sorted......mind you we spent it all now

e by gum

thats a shame doug... never mind you can "owe" it untill branson buys the site of you... should be worth XXX,XXX within a year if its done right!

or you could sell it to sony for the "concept" fly film for 2008!

with out telling anyone how to suck eggs... do not forget the biggest potential from your investors point of view with the DN's future... ;)

never managed to sell one yet

always just developed and left

thats a shame doug... never mind you can "owe" it untill branson buys the site of you... should be worth XXX,XXX within a year if its done right!

or you could sell it to sony for the "concept" fly film for 2008!

with out telling anyone how to suck eggs... do not forget the biggest potential from your investors point of view with the DN's future... ;)

Have you bought them names dougs?

dougs said:
always just developed and left

I have found that consciously developing partnerships with potential purchasers every step of the development and marketing cycle usually means offers materialise pretty regularly, can be a good strategy.

I am just gunna drool over J8James is names there wooooow :)

Congrates doug I just hope DN to you don't go up because you have announced you have cash to spend ;) same applies to paul!!:cool:

having cash

All spent now:)

Cheers for the commments guys.

We still will keep buying but I get a lot of grief from share holders etc if I waste it:)

FYI. We run www.asap.cuk, www.carrentals.co.uk, www.selfcatering.co.uk and now www.fly.co.uk and www.recycle.co.uk plus a pile of other stuff in travel

All the best and it was great to see lots of people and put anmes to faces.

Now get out their and develop those names, cause then you add value.

Doug
Ps. Any one want to do me a favour and post about this sale on other forums...pretty please:)
eg http://www.affiliates4u.com/forums/travel-vertical/64855-fly-co-uk-sold-87-500-a.html

Last edited:
Outstanding names doug! Well done mate.

Looking forward to seeing them developed keep us updated bud.

don't get it

Sorry but I don't get it...unless you have venture captial to the sum of £10 million why would you buy this name...can some explain as I truly don't get it

Lee

Economics-101. If they make good affiliate money off the existing sites, but have to pay PPC, then it makes sense to splash some money on a new short generic domain name which may get them clicks for free. And what is more apt than fly.co.uk ? Very easy to remember.

Of course, it might also make them more interesting as a takeover candidate form one of the big guys.

how to build an online business

Simple numbers here boys

www.fly.co.uk
build flight comparator like the one we are building on www.asap.co.uk, taken nearly a year to get all the deals, but now we have them

Press releases galore, seo galore and ppc.
Whatever is made roll it back into the pot and keep growing it

Email everyone who we collect
Chase suppliers for volume deals and specials

Roll money back into the pot, do more press, seo,ppc

Repeat

Repeat

It works massively, we have done this twice already.

Issue is that this takes a large amount of work, not money to make it work.

then the site takes on a life of its own as people talk about it.

Now if you are going to do that much work....and I mean 2 to 3 years 7 days per week with 2 to 4 people, what type of doamin do you want to do it on? Dougsflightsite.co.uk or www.fly.co.uk?

Hope that explains the logic.

Doug

Now if you are going to do that much work....and I mean 2 to 3 years 7 days per week with 2 to 4 people, what type of doamin do you want to do it on? Dougsflightsite.co.uk or www.fly.co.uk?

The one I have that you were interested in ;)

Joking aside Doug, congrats on the purchase, quality name, look forward to seeing it developed.

vialli

Your names were on the list, but there were plurals and hyphens...hence to get the set we needed 4 names....and we couldn't get them all

www.fly.co.uk there is only one

Doug

indeed

Indeed as you claim doug... money is irrelevant thus the name is irrelevant and at this costs a waste...unless your budget is 10 million and you are spending a small proportion on the name then I still don't get it

Would flybmi buy the name...possibly...any other airline...possibly....new airline most likely but only if they had such a generic name in mind...i.e. doubtful

On a positive note...the remarkable part maybe your sourcing software and as such asap has as much chance as fly...unless you intend to catch flies in your screen that is

Lee

dont know what else to say

Check out the following in alexa over the past 5 years

www.carrentals.co.uk

That was started with no cash and myself doing it part time, now it has 25 staff and the turnover to fund it. I know cause I set it up. I am not trying to brag I am trying to explain how to build an online business

www.fly.co.uk and www.asap.co.uk are new ventures that I am involved in, fortunately this time I have people who want to back my stupidy:) Not 10 million, but we dont need any thing like that.

Doug

As Doug says the formula is simple

Its just he implements it better than most.

And I agree with the fact that it takes a lot less than $10million to do.

Why would you want the VC capital - it comes at a serious cost to your independence, if you can finance your growth out of revenue you retain a lot more control of your business.

grandin said:
Sorry but I don't get it...unless you have venture captial to the sum of £10 million why would you buy this name...can some explain as I truly don't get it
If you don't get it by now then I'm afraid you never will. :rolleyes:

grandin said:
On a positive note...the remarkable part maybe your sourcing software and as such asap has as much chance as fly...unless you intend to catch flies in your screen that is
Case of business jealousy I think.

Congrats to Doug and co for purchasing fly.co.uk, yes it is a lot of money but believe me when properly developed it will make that back many times over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom