Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

fly.co.uk sold £87,500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug, was great to meet you the other day, thanks for the lift to the station btw and for what it's worth I think it was a good move buying both the names. The ammount you paid and at such a high profile event is sure to get you some decent publicity and some Google PR/backlinks too, I see your days of spamming aren't totally over yet ;)

Good luck with them and well done for saving the Sedo auction, without this sale I would say the auction would have been viewed as a total disaster for the domain industry in the UK

Last edited:
Good luck with them and well done for saving the Sedo auction, without this sale I would say the auction would have been viewed as a total disaster for the domain industry in the UK

Funny I was going post almost the same comment earlier :-D

Well done Doug, nice couple of names :-D

Dougs is a great bloke to deal with - very professional and always a pleasure.

I agree with Paul all the way on this - both names are outstanding and should do really well especially with all the publicity.

Sometimes its worth being the biggest bidder of a day.

It is good news there have been two more good priced .uk domain sales.

Interesting to hear from a buyer in public over purchases over £50k as often they keep quiet :)

I think its public enough now that you dont have to restate your websites in every post :rolleyes:

I think its public enough now that you dont have to restate your websites in every post

Lol! Doug the incurable self-publicist!

All I can say to those questioning the logic of this purchase is watch this space. Doug is a seasoned pro with an awesome track record of creating successful online businesses and brands. IMHO, fly.co.uk is a good buy at £87,500 knowing what Doug with do with it. Go for it mate!

Keir

fly.co.uk

Does anyone know who bought it:) and what ese do they own:)

Doug

It is good news there have been two more good priced .uk domain sales.

Interesting to hear from a buyer in public over purchases over £50k as often they keep quiet :)

Not sure if it has been mentioned elsewhere but Angus announced at the show that he had sold ink.co.uk for £111k another very nice sale

ink.co.uk £111K or fly.co.uk for £87,500

Which one would you buy?

Doug:)

Good question.

Ink is good, however if it is for cartridges etc toner is getting more prevalent but generally a great name.

Fly is nice, but Flights is the keyword you would ideally want but no doubt would cost 5x as much.

I would say 150 for Recycle is decent, as that is a growing area and top name for it.

Or, buy a name off me for £300k and save the hassle of filling out three seperate forms!

recycle is speculative
fly has a readily availiable market
ink has a market I just wonder how many people are proactive in purchasing or reactive

Fly for me everytime

Plurals always making it complicated

Yeah but flight is not that great and very few people would get flights and flight mixed up probably the same number as would get fly and flying mix up ie none.

In a straight fight between ink.co.uk and fly.co.uk I guess fly would just edge it for me but not by much. I'd be pretty happy with either :)

mobiles (s)

Thats why I made no bid on that one

Anyone care to tell me, without checking, whcih one was in the auction?

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom