Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Forum Migration To vBulletin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All,

We have an old "Snitz Forum" that we want to port across to vBulletin.

We have purchased a copy of vBulletin, installed it and used this company to handle the migration. Unfortunately they don't seem to be getting anywhere and we need this completing ASAP. They haven't been able to get it fully imported.

I can PM the links to the old/new Forum to explain more.

We also need someone to help with the layout of the forum i.e. design, advertising layout etc.

We will pay good money to get this sorted as it has been dragging on and needs completing ASAP.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Ben.

Don't think there's a converter for snitz to vbulletin so likely to be one of those messy jobs where not everything has a direct map - autoincrement keys can be a real issue as can templating and images.

I've had similar issues in the past where I converted postnuke to wordpress.

PM me the details. I can possibly scope the tasks out.

Pretty Sure Impex has Snitz forum importers, or at least they did, have you attempted it your self ? If so what issues did you run across ?

EDIT, Does your Snitz forum run on Access database ? If so it needs to be converted to SQL first before using the importers to import it.

http://www.mysql.com/why-mysql/migration/

Last edited:
  • How many posts, threads, users etc need to be imported ?
  • What vbulletin version are you looking to import to ? 3, 4 or 5 ?
  • Are you aware that passwords most likely will not be retained and every user will need to reset their passwords so you would need to announce it to the community before going live.
  • Is it a closed forum where old threads do not need redirecting or will all current indexed threads need to redirect to the new URLs

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom