Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Free.co.uk SOLD $205,000 by DomainBooth.com

that's a high price to pay, but agreed the branding opportunities are unquestionable!

Has anyone considered that the seller may not have even offered the .uk and the buyer didn't think to ask?

Thumps up for this. icelolly.uk is on domainlore right now and IceLolly.com and .co.uk are held by the holiday firm IceLolly Marketing Ltd. It's mental how people are letting a shorter version of their name go.

Pay 200k for a domain, going to get some traffic because of the sale price and it has some shocking website on it.

Putting a poor landing site up does more damage than good. Better to have one of those COMING SOON pop your email in...

re: icelolly.uk < i can only see an influx of DRS cases down the line, same MO each time, bad faith etc,

Could of got a nice looking lander off a template site for £50 and collect emails via it as you've said. If the site continues to look like that once they launch they've wasted serious money on that domain name.

Could of got a nice looking lander off a template site for £50 and collect emails via it as you've said. If the site continues to look like that once they launch they've wasted serious money on that domain name.

yep... the valuation input doesnt work either (at least for me )

Am i wrong in thinking that if you push brand awareness on the term "Free" you could potentially be up against "Three".. whilst i know both operate different sectors, i still think "Three" is what people would assume when hearing the term "Free" on the radio.

Thumps up for this. icelolly.uk is on domainlore right now and IceLolly.com and .co.uk are held by the holiday firm IceLolly Marketing Ltd. It's mental how people are letting a shorter version of their name go.

I thought that after I caught it :D

Am i wrong in thinking that if you push brand awareness on the term "Free" you could potentially be up against "Three".. whilst i know both operate different sectors, i still think "Three" is what people would assume when hearing the term "Free" on the radio.

I think that's a fair thinking pattern.

A better website and decent marketing campaign will get this off the ground

"Sell your home for free - free.co.uk" - this would be enough

There's another online estate agent on Strike (strike.co.uk) that has a really really good website, but of course the name is appalling

Maybe they should merge

I'm seeing an increasing number of lorries on the road using .uk rather than .co.uk. Clearly, there are more .co.uk's in total, but the .uk is getting traction.

website looks awful in my opinion. spend that much on a domain and so little on web design bonkers.

On the subject of .co.uk and .uk I am selling lots of .uk to USA/Overseas buyers and they don't want the .co.uk version from me?

Also .uk domains rank just as easy in google uk as the .co.uk version.

If I was starting a new brand and had both I would run with the .uk version especially if advertising offline as less chance of leakage to .com version, if someone sees my advert or poster, banner etc for mywebsite.uk as opposed to mywebsite.co.uk. then .uk is easier to remember and no reference to .co, where as .co.uk could end up as .com especially if my browser auto adds, inserts or suggests it.

Last edited:
On the subject of .co.uk and .uk I am selling lots of .uk to USA/Overseas buyers and they don't want the .co.uk version from me?

Also .uk domains rank just as easy in google uk as the .co.uk version.

If I was starting a new brand and had both I would run with the .uk version especially if advertising offline as less chance of leakage to .com version, if someone sees my advert or poster, banner etc for mywebsite.uk as opposed to mywebsite.co.uk. then .uk is easier to remember and no reference to .co, where as .co.uk could end up as .com especially if my browser auto adds, inserts or suggests it.

Interesting Andy
Do you think Brexit will push the UK brand into a stronger place? or already is?

Interesting Andy
Do you think Brexit will push the UK brand into a stronger place? or already is?

Iam unsure of the brexit effect probably no change.

website looks awful in my opinion. spend that much on a domain and so little on web design bonkers.
Minging design and also they've decided to go with oh so fashionable male hatred for the marketing video. Quite distasteful.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom