Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Guess the TAG

Back on the subject of cheating, I just noticed someone selling a "Multi Tag" licence to their dropcatching system with an asterisk saying "Against nominet policy"....

Back on the subject of cheating, I just noticed someone selling a "Multi Tag" licence to their dropcatching system with an asterisk saying "Against nominet policy"....

I'm a bit confused by what is or isn't allowed. The nominet page says this:

The Registry-Registrar Agreement (RRA) incorporates three tag types for registrars to choose from depending on who their customers are, the types of service and service levels they work to and the benefits that are most useful to them.

The tag types are:

• Accredited Channel Partner
  • Channel Partner
  • Self-Managed
Registrars may have one or more tags of different types in order to manage their business.

What do I need to do?
The information below will help you select the right tag type for your tags.

You may hold multiple Accredited Channel Partner and Channel Partner tags, but only one Self-Managed tag.

You can apply to change the classification for your tag through Online Services.

Applying for an additional Tag
When deciding which tag type best suits you it may be that two tag types fit your business model. In this case you may wish to apply for an additional tag through Online Services

So this specifically states you're allowed more than one TAG

Additional Tags are common, but only one can be used for dropcatching.

If you are not utilising multiple tags or software to take advantage of the crappy nominet flaw.. you won't get this domain.

Interested to know if you still stand by this comment? :)

When you think about it any single hosted service allowing users to use tags (e.g. via a third party script) must be an issue of potential collusion, I'm surprised it's not against nominet policy - tough to enforce.

How do backorder auctions work?

This section only applies to domains caught with our tag (MELITAWEB) as part of the backorder process. In the event that more one person backorders a domain, and that domain is caught, there will be a three day auction starting from the day of the catch. All people who placed backorders will be notified. The opening bid will be £35 and the bidder will be the first person who placed the backorder. Any further bids will be in increments of at least £10 and, to stop auction sniping, any bids placed in the last ten minutes will extend the auction by ten minutes from the bid. After a price of £1000 bid increments are £25, after £3000 - £50, after £5000 - £100. At the close of the auction an invoice will be raised and, once settled, the domain will be transferred at our expense to the winning account holder.

https://ukbackorder.com/faq.html

Think im just being daft, if there was 1 minute left and a bid placed then, the remaining time would be extended to 11 minutes.

Interested to know if you still stand by this comment? :)

Yes of course - that's exactly how I caught it - using the nominet flaw. As I said there was no way to catch it normally. I will be introducing this into software for all hosted chasing clients when I get back from holiday. At least it'll make it more 'random' for all other chasers but involves quite a deep rewrite hence the delay.
As for comments about the auction time - the auction extends 10 minutes if there is a bid in the last 10 minutes. As some people decided to bid constantly in the last 30 seconds (I guess hoping to tire out the other bidders) the auction kept getting extended. So if you bid with 9 minutes left there will be 19 minutes. Last 30 seconds and there will be 10 minutes and 30 seconds. All automated and the same for every auction. Sniping is pointless.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom