Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Hotels in Bath Website Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to add another view.

I'm not here to bash you, just honestly trying to help.

http://www.hotelsinbirmingham.co.uk/ is a perfect example of how (IMHO) this type of site should be done. (THIS IS NOT MY SITE!)

If you check out this page: http://www.hotelsinbirmingham.co.uk/hotels/britannia-hotel.html

You will see they have reviewed hotels. This is what I suggested back in my first post.

It has one affiliate link out to book.

This is not my site, but we have sites similar to this style (not hotel related) and they work very well.

Good, unique content is key.

The less affiliate links out the better tbh, but you still need enough to make sure the site earns! Banners in 2015 really should be used little or never.

In fact we don't use banners at all on our sites now. Almost no one clicks them.

I've been a full time affiliate for over 10 years now and know you have been around for many years too. (seen you on the A4U forum or whatever it is called nowadays!) So I know you should know this stuff.

Please use the advice posted here by others as they are just trying to help.

This is not a bashing post from me, really just trying to help.

All the best

Lee

Last edited:
Definition-Of-An-Askhole.jpg

Good, unique content is key.

The less affiliate links out the better tbh, but you still need enough to make sure the site earns! Banners in 2015 really should be used little or never.

In fact we don't use banners at all on our sites now. Almost no one clicks them.

Thanks for your comments.

If anyone knows a way to disable a user in vbulletin from being able to post links, let me know.

NOTE: once you start having different groups of users, it should also be easy to disable things like signatures for some of them, if you like...

NOTE: once you start having different groups of users, it should also be easy to disable things like signatures for some of them, if you like...

Yeah the above modification also does that, it can also be applied based on post count or other restrictions .

I see that the original thread poster has been posting, sorry I mean dropping links on another forum!

@admin - Got an idea!

Would it be worth adding a nofollow tag to all links?

But then saying that the other forum I've seen his links on do use nofollow. But it might put others off who come to spam.

Just an idea.

Hi Guys

Please review this www.hotelsinbath.org.uk website and let me know any thoughts you have.

Also, if anyone can link to this website, that would be good.

Thanks

Honest opinon said with respect.....if I clicked on this looking for Hotels in Bath, I'd leave it within the first minute. The template gives no credibility or confidence in the site. Jo Average Internet User is likely to think with their eyes first.

Get a nice template. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom