Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

I'm a shyster, apparently! Are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent my pitching email today to an end-user I believed may be interested in a domain I had for sale, stating the case politely. The domain in question was UsedAccordions.co.uk and I was only asking £50, not exactly high finance!

In less than 40 minutes I received the following emailed response;

"Hi, It strikes me that unless you have some dealings with used accordions you shouldn't have "owned " the name. What kind of shyster makes money by doing no work? get a life, get a job, work hard, make something, earn your money, you'll feel better for it"

I replied;

"Thanks for taking the time to reply. I’ll file that under ‘not interested’ then!!"

It's moments like this that makes it all worthwhile!

Regards to all my fellow shysters out there!

Chris

The dawn of the internet has ruined many businesses the cultural shock is something some people can't deal with. They don't look for solutions they just view themselves as victims and look for someone to blame, at least your giving the bankers a little respite.

Makes me laugh the retail shops that won't even consider competing on prices with online store or offer any discounts because in the past they have been dominant.

Bike shops are like this until they realise the customer has a choice where to buy from now!

At least we can try things out before we order them online in the retail shops!

The dawn of the internet has ruined many businesses the cultural shock is something some people can't deal with. They don't look for solutions they just view themselves as victims and look for someone to blame, at least your giving the bankers a little respite.

The sad thing is that on the internet things evolve MUCH faster than in the real world, so much so that internet years are a bit like dog years. So if you registered a domain name 10 years ago, that's like staking a claim to an available real-world property half a century or more ago... and who would complain about the latter?

The only accordian player ever to have a hit record was Sir Jimmy Shand. Jimmy was internationally famous, and he played all over the world.
I used to deliver his papers when I was a boy and my dad drove his limo to gigs from time to time in the 1950s.
Makes my dad one of the earliest roadies, I think!
Regards
Bruce
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3hAtxZXNrA

So what is everyone having for dinner? :rolleyes:

Fancy asking him what the hell this accordion is all about, im clearing out the wifes nan and grandads place and it was in the loft lol

If it's any help to you, I know a guy who is 'quite well known' within the accordion world, and have just helped him set up an accordion forum. You could join and post up the photo and I'm sure you'd get some info (and possibly a buyer?)

Love this thread by the way. I used to think domainers were scum, and now I am one (a domainer, not a scum) and I love it! I understand the guy's frustration though, but hey wherever there's an opportunity there's a market. Embrace or be replaced, it's as simple as that.

I've had two approaches from end users in the last month for a couple of 'speculative' names in my portfolio, and as such, I only asked for a small amount. The first I stated £40, she simply didn't get back to me. The second I stated £30, he asked if I'd be open to offers, so I said, £20 minimum, otherwise it's not even worth my time. He didn't get back to me. I honestly can't believe they'd even waste their time contacting someone if they're not willing to part with £20!

Perhaps just gauging the market ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom