Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Need help with BrilliantDirectories.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our site runs very slowly and constantly going down from server failures.

Currently the connection time to the BrilliantDirectories server is 9 seconds :

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.purelocal.com.au/PirwT9B7

We need someone to optimise the BrilliantDirectories website as currently it is never going to rank or receive traffic when the connection times are so long with constant server outages.

I contacted them about this and they say that their Shared server is used by other websites and it goes down when it's busy.

Help please!!

I understand BrilliantDirectories is pushing for me to use the dedicated server , having the shared server not function is not helping though and is only going to cause the site to not grow.

If I move to the BrilliantDirectories.com dedicated server - will the site be functional ? eg :

100% uptime , TTFB's of under 0.5 seconds and none of the issues that are common with the shared server.

Something is wrong with our script apparently , are there any BrilliantDirectories.com developers who can diagnose and optimise our website?

The connection time on the shared server we're on is taking 10 seconds to connect , due to our script apparently.

I'm now switching to the Dedicated server to remedy this problem. However I need a dev to help me out here.

Do you have a budget for someone to help you with this?

I have a developer but the cpanel has no usage information for him to isolate resource use etc.

The PureLocal.com.au website is very slow and has TTFB/connection times of 8+ seconds which obviously means it can never rank or do well.

BrilliantDirectories solution is for me to pay $499/month for a dedicated server.

The site currently sits on a shared server which must not have enough resources.

Any help here would be greatly greatly appreciated !!

If you visit
http://www.bytecheck.com/
and check the connection times between :

brilliantdirectories.com
https://www.purelocal.com.au

They are vastly different. BrilliantDirectories emailed me saying that my site is slow , not because of the server because their site is fast for comparion , but because my "scripts" are slow....I have no idea ,my developer has requested they provide server logs to isolate the issue.

If you're stuck with a solution where the solution provider also has the monopoly on hosting it, that doesn't sound healthy!

Because you can't take your business elsewhere you're forecast stuck with whatever excuse they fob you off with, no matter how bad things get.

If that's the case, then the ideal solution would be to move to a different platform without this crippling limitation.

(Note : This forum is constantly signing me out).

BrilliantDirectories.com have been paid $2000 for the "lifetime" licence and i've been paying them $125 per month for the server costs for a while now plus heavy customisation on their SAAS platform etc.

I am getting my developer to find out why their shared server cannot sustain the site , I receive a few hundred visitors per day only but yes , being forced to get a dedicated server just to have a functional website is not the best situation.

PureLocal Homepage - 6.48 seconds to connect to server apparently :

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-8_22-45-0.png
    upload_2017-4-8_22-45-0.png
    136.7 KB · Views: 110
The more you explain it, the more it sounds like you should dump them now before your site becomes more popular. If you're having this level of problems with a site that only gets a few hundred visitors a day, it's impossible to imagine how much pain awaits you under the current setup if you build it into a busy destination!

Yes, it's going to be a wrench kissing that level of investment goodbye. But it still sounds like it would be for the best if you intend to make an ongoing success of it.

From their site:

Can I host Brilliant Directories myself?
Nope, we’re a hosted, software-as-a-service platform. We do this so that we can constantly push out updates and new features plus we’re for those who don’t want techie headaches. And don’t worry, your data is 100% secure with us and you can export all your data at any time if you’d like a backup of it.

Doesn't sound reassuring. But at least you've supposedly got the option to export all your data.

Now all you need to do is find a different solution that will allow you to import the data extracted from B.D. and you're all set.

BrilliantDirectories offered $2000usd for lifetime plan then $125 per month for 80GB bandwidth.

Their standard setup has 10GB maximum bandwidth which I use up quickly so pay $125 USD per month for the 80GB.

I've exhausted the 80GB already this month 8 days in so...

The dedicated server at $499/month has 1TB bandwidth so that won't be an issue.

I'm seeking confirmation that the connection time will be the normal <0.50 seconds before moving to dedicated.

You keep asking the same question! But if nobody here is using it, nobody will be able to answer it.

It's completely irrelevant what you paid or what they are allegedly offering you.

The only thing that should matter to your business is: does it work, or not?

If it does, stick with it.

If it doesn't, find a different solution.

Can you recommend a good WP Directory theme?

BD does have it's drawbacks but it's easy to use and highly customisable...

I was hoping that once I go on dedicated server everything will be fine AND my developer will have root access.

Currently the shared server constantly fails , is very slow and I must wait for them to fix it when it's down.

If you go for a dedicated server for $499 a month on a clunky script you have no control over....................you obviously have more money than sense.

I couldnt possibly recommend anything without knowing your plans going forward, it seems to have alot more than a business listing, e.g data being pulled for products and real estate, so its highly likely that something "out of the box" will not suit what your needs.

I think its currently at the point that you've invested money, and its decision time whether you cut your losses and go for a bespoke setup spending more money...........or do you stay with an extortionate pricing plan of your current providers who look to be milking a lucrative cash cow knowing you are financially committed already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom