Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Newbie strugling with sale Tips needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
As newbie, I'm strugling to get rid of my first domain, I have few domains but not yet "off the mark" could you provide handy tips that would be beneficial not only for me but other newbies on this great forum.

First tip - try reading as much as you can fit in :)

Last edited:
List what you've registered and ask for opinions.
Most people on here when in a good mood will offer invaluable advice.
It's not wise for a beginner to think they know something everyone else has missed and spend money registering domains that could virtually not be worth the registration fee.

How are you trying to sell them at the moment?

What sort of domains are you trying to sell typically?

Thanks everyone for replying, I have listed on sedo, afternic, ebay and aftermarket but no luck anywere. I will share as advice by user for opinion on domains but i'm not allowed to do that as newbie appraisal is no allowed for me hence i'm not doing it yet unless i read wrong.

Post your best 2 or 3 here to give us an idea what your trying to sell

Post your best 2 or 3 here to give us an idea what your trying to sell

Ok I hope Admin dont punish me..

1) This domain is great for dog breeding or any breeding.. IstuD.co.uk
2) Bluray Rips movies BrRips.com
3) Pearlhost.co.uk

pearlhost is potentially brandable, but the other two feel a bit clumsy to me I'm afraid.

The challenge that perl is a web programming language *might* confuse the potential for pearlhost a little.

Have you done any pro-active sales? Reaching out via email?

Hate to disappoint you but imho 1) and 2) are not worth registering.
Sorry, but that may help explain why you are struggling to sell

pearlhost is potentially brandable, but the other two feel a bit clumsy to me I'm afraid.

The challenge that perl is a web programming language *might* confuse the potential for pearlhost a little.

no i havent thanks for the opinion and i will try this email way see if it could work.

Hate to disappoint you but imho 1) and 2) are not worth registering.
Sorry, but that may help explain why you are struggling to sell

Thanks for the opnion i actually thought 1) will do well as its big business dog breeding but maybe I was wrong.

Have to agree with the above coments

I know I wouldn't want to receive emails containing names like these :p so I wouldn't advise that.

My advice would be spend more time learning until you get a feel of value.

I know I wouldn't want to receive emails containing names like these :p so I wouldn't advise that.

My advice would be spend more time learning until you get a feel of value.

eew are my domains that bad? i have seen worse domains selling for big bux im not saying anything against your comment but really as far as i see it animal breeding is great self employmentn in UK . I'm sure that domain can be handy for someone in breeding business.

Have to agree with the rest, can't see any benefit in these domains, though you may get lucky at auction. Don't understand the dog breeding one? I get the word "stud" but it has too many meanings and what is the "I" in front of it for?

Have to agree with the rest, can't see any benefit in these domains, though you may get lucky at auction. Don't understand the dog breeding one? I get the word "stud" but it has too many meanings and what is the "I" in front of it for?

well most of the domains are taken, so I is just short for me.. Istud.co.uk usually when domains goes people tend to add the i to it and sometimes you get lucky to grab them....

like for example imovies.com whats the i for?

Ok thanks for posting the names.

Lets take IstuD.co.uk
it's easy, you need to ask yourself, what am I going to do with it.
If you ask members here they will all tell you they have had names for up to 20 years. So, you can either keep it, develop it, or sell it.
I get the impression you would like to sell it. Now ask yourself who would buy it, only when you analyse that question will you know what you are doing right or what you are doing wrong.

You can paint a picture, you can carve a piece of wood, you might have a great time doing it and think your efforts are great, and they may be, you will only know the truth when you ask someone to buy them, then reality sets in.

well most of the domains are taken, so I is just short for me.. Istud.co.uk usually when domains goes people tend to add the i to it and sometimes you get lucky to grab them....

like for example imovies.com whats the i for?

Do they??? Other than in response to Apple, I can't see the relevance and personally find the notion of adding a character in front pointless. So the domain is meant to suggest you are a dog breeder, but instead reads that you breed...maybe more suited to offering services to lonely ladies ;)

For me, the domain is worthless sorry, so I just hope you didn't buy it from an existing seller but instead registered it for a few quid. My advice would put it up for auction on Sedo/DL and see what happens, and failing that, just don't renew it.

Sorry to be blunt, only my opinion.

Do they??? Other than in response to Apple, I can't see the relevance and personally find the notion of adding a character in front pointless. So the domain is meant to suggest you are a dog breeder, but instead reads that you breed...maybe more suited to offering services to lonely ladies ;)

For me, the domain is worthless sorry, so I just hope you didn't buy it from an existing seller but instead registered it for a few quid. My advice would put it up for auction on Sedo/DL and see what happens, and failing that, just don't renew it.

Sorry to be blunt, only my opinion.

Don't put it on domainlore as you will be wasting £5.

Stephen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom