Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Newbie strugling with sale Tips needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks for posting the names.

Lets take IstuD.co.uk
it's easy, you need to ask yourself, what am I going to do with it.
If you ask members here they will all tell you they have had names for up to 20 years. So, you can either keep it, develop it, or sell it.
I get the impression you would like to sell it. Now ask yourself who would buy it, only when you analyse that question will you know what you are doing right or what you are doing wrong.

You can paint a picture, you can carve a piece of wood, you might have a great time doing it and think your efforts are great, and they may be, you will only know the truth when you ask someone to buy them, then reality sets in.

Thanks for this, I like this comment alot its very clear and kind of opened my eyes, your right i will strugle with it. Its not oneof those domains that will go easily. I guess my lack of experience in domains is not doing me no favor. I just hope something works out domaining is not something i do but i just thought of trying and see if it will work. Next time before i buy domain i might ask here before but i do worry someone might buy that domain before thats only thing i thought of before i bought this domain,.

Do they??? Other than in response to Apple, I can't see the relevance and personally find the notion of adding a character in front pointless. So the domain is meant to suggest you are a dog breeder, but instead reads that you breed...maybe more suited to offering services to lonely ladies ;)

For me, the domain is worthless sorry, so I just hope you didn't buy it from an existing seller but instead registered it for a few quid. My advice would put it up for auction on Sedo/DL and see what happens, and failing that, just don't renew it.

Sorry to be blunt, only my opinion.

Thanks I appreciate honest opnions, Iam listing it on sedo and ebay and i bought it from godaddy not for much!

Thanks stephen, to be honest i never heard of domainalore thats something new i might add domains there in future.

Domainlore is very good for uk domains, though the audience is much smaller than Sedo but more focused on this market. The benefit being that providing your domain gets a bid, you don't pay a fee, but for this particular domain, you probably would. Best of luck anyway.

Domainlore is very good for uk domains, though the audience is much smaller than Sedo but more focused on this market. The benefit being that providing your domain gets a bid, you don't pay a fee, but for this particular domain, you probably would. Best of luck anyway.

Thanks for clarifying, I appreciate all the help i get.

Just to let you guys know, I sent this domain and pearlhost to sedo great domain if it gets through or not ill inform you here.. Im still thinking it might go as they say dont lose hope!

Thanks for this, I like this comment alot its very clear and kind of opened my eyes, your right i will strugle with it. Its not oneof those domains that will go easily. I guess my lack of experience in domains is not doing me no favor. I just hope something works out domaining is not something i do but i just thought of trying and see if it will work. Next time before i buy domain i might ask here before but i do worry someone might buy that domain before thats only thing i thought of before i bought this domain,.

Honestly that's a trap you fall into and because you haven't been around long you don't understand the history of domain names. Even if you come across a fairly good name in today's climate, you still have to sell it.
If I was starting out I would look to the secondary market but even that's easier said than done because if I was starting out I would not know what was worth money and what wasn't. Think of it in the same way as antiques or fine art, if you were to start trading these you would need to learn and gain experience before you started buying.

What might help is eStud.co.uk weStud.co.uk youStud.co.uk myStud.co.uk are all available to register. Even if you had a seller for istud they could opt to free register any of the one's that are available.

Honestly that's a trap you fall into and because you haven't been around long you don't understand the history of domain names. Even if you come across a fairly good name in today's climate, you still have to sell it.
If I was starting out I would look to the secondary market but even that's easier said than done because if I was starting out I would not know what was worth money and what wasn't. Think of it in the same way as antiques or fine art, if you were to start trading these you would need to learn and gain experience before you started buying.

What might help is eStud.co.uk weStud.co.uk youStud.co.uk myStud.co.uk are all available to register. Even if you had a seller for istud they could opt to free register any of the one's that are available.

Thanks for this, i didnt know mystud and westud was available might look into it if this domain gets attraction.

Thanks for this, i didnt know mystud and westud was available might look into it if this domain gets attraction.

The good news is, these are some of the reported sales of co.uk's prefixed by the letter I

iBar co.uk $11,610
IOffer co.uk $11,500
iOffer co.uk $11,500
INeedProperty co.uk $5,737
ITutor co.uk $5,100
IPlanner co.uk $5,000
iGold co.uk $4,980
ISeo co.uk $4,620
IFlorist co.uk $4,566
IFast co.uk $4,421
IWedding co.uk $4,152
iGame co.uk $4,025
IBoss co.uk $3,857
iContact co.uk $3,186
ILondon co.uk $2,695
IBike co.uk $2,490
IContact co.uk $2,488
IWeb co.uk $2,050

I would advise you to stop buying anything for the time being. Instead, take a look at what is up for sale here and whether or not it is selling. Some of the domains on here are very well priced, others not so well, so by observing and reading any feedback you will build up a better feel for what does and doesn't sell, as well as giving you a better idea of values.
Best of luck :)

Looking at some of the prices of domains for sale, it seems like a buyer's market rather than seller's market... Now is the time to buy domains and develop.

I always thought the domain had to reach the reserve price to not pay a fee? Nearly sure that's the case.

For example if you have a reserve of £500 and you only get a £100 bid you still pay a fee.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I always thought the domain had to reach the reserve price to not pay a fee? Nearly sure that's the case.

For example if you have a reserve of £500 and you only get a £100 bid you still pay a fee.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

That is the case mate. I think its just that most people don't set a reserve so first bid gives your fee back

Well, where do I begin :)

First of all, you are not alone, there are millions of domains on sale right now, everybody wants to sell but there are few buyers, and even fewer repeat buyers.
Next, +99% of domains have no resale value.
Think about it, end users have plenty of choice. Is there any compelling reason why they should buy your domains in particular ? I bet they would be happy with a handreg most of the time.

I'm afraid the domains you posted are not outstanding. There is always the luck factor, but the decisive factor behind domain sales is domain quality. The odds of winning the lottery are always very slim.

So I think you need to improve the quality of the inventory. And be patient.
Also keep in mind that the good domains sell for themselves: end users will come to you if you own what they want and like. Exposure doesn't help for stuff nobody wants.

PS: don't fall in love with your domains, they can't love you back :p

Well, where do I begin :)

First of all, you are not alone, there are millions of domains on sale right now, everybody wants to sell but there are few buyers, and even fewer repeat buyers.
Next, +99% of domains have no resale value.
Think about it, end users have plenty of choice. Is there any compelling reason why they should buy your domains in particular ? I bet they would be happy with a handreg most of the time.

I'm afraid the domains you posted are not outstanding. There is always the luck factor, but the decisive factor behind domain sales is domain quality. The odds of winning the lottery are always very slim.

So I think you need to improve the quality of the inventory. And be patient.
Also keep in mind that the good domains sell for themselves: end users will come to you if you own what they want and like. Exposure doesn't help for stuff nobody wants.

PS: don't fall in love with your domains, they can't love you back :p

Thanks for the comment i love the PS: part it was the case with me for last few days but they dumped man for someone else hehe (i wish) anyways your right i wont buy any odd domain so i guess same goes for others. Everyone wants to get thousands for domains but i guess no short cut works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom