Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet transfer errors

Reaction score
Is anyone else getting errors in nominet yesterday/today? I'm trying to accept a transfer but it keeps logging me out and/or failing on the submit page - just a helpful 'Internal Error. please Contact Support' message.

I've been in touch with support but so far not much help.

What browser are you using? I had someone having issues accepting a transfer when using safari, when he swapped browsers the problem was sorted.

Have tried chrome and ie - same thing happens on both.

I've tried clearing cache/cookies etc.. no luck. Still can't stay logged in or complete the transfer.

Is this a transfer organised by email link? Do you have a registrar/tag associated with your account? If so, log in first, then go to the domain manager, then paste the link in and see if it works. Might not be the issue you are having, but worth a try.

Yes to all of your points (email link, own tag).

Good idea though and your suggestion worked in that it managed to keep me logged in, but still fails on the final step - just says 'internal error'.

nominet error.png

It's on the payment screen, but not a problem with the card - literally used it a minute ago for something else fine. Unless it's a problem with their payment gateway?

You can use a card to load a cash credit. You can use that credit to then pay for a transfer. It would at least highlight if the issue is a payment one or a transfer one if the credit goes through.

Well you used to be able to, must admit not done it for a good while so it may have chnaged

I didn't think you could do that for an domain transfer between owners - can't see any option for anything like that either.

I know you can do it as a registrar, but I need to get it on my tag first...

I didn't think you could do that for an domain transfer between owners - can't see any option for anything like that either.

I know you can do it as a registrar, but I need to get it on my tag first...

Sorry, I was speaking as a registrar, getting confused in my old age, what I used to do was pay the fee as a seller using the cash credit to avoid the buyer having to pay

Just heard back from nominet - it isn't a payment issue, so sounds like even if the seller paid the fee it'd still fail.

Is this a transfer organised by email link? Do you have a registrar/tag associated with your account? If so, log in first, then go to the domain manager, then paste the link in and see if it works. Might not be the issue you are having, but worth a try.

As a side note nominet also just suggested this very same thing to me.

Assume the seller doesn't have his own tag and therefore can't just change the registrar for you?

Right, finally got this fixed.

For anyone else with this problem is was because we have a self managed tag and one of the domains already in our account (not the one we were transferring) was in a different case to the approved names for our tag (was REGISTRANT instead of Registrant).

So if you run into something like this, check your approved names and make sure every variation currently in your portfolio is on the list, including differences in case.

Weird thing is we've transferred domains into the account since getting the tag and not had problems, so this must be a new rule.

Seriously, the third party/approved names is case sensitive? Wow!

Thank you for coming back with this information. Noted.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom