Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nothing dropping?

"For emergency issues out of these hours please contact our support team on 01865 332460."

I've just done so, as the registry isn't behaving correctly, other registrars should do the same

We wouldn't have this problem if Nominet published a drop list!

Can confirm. They kept the "waste all their quota" button switched on though.

I am not trying to catch domains, but I can see that 1 Feb expiries are now dropping. Looks as though system has missed some/all for 31 Jan.

Email from Nominet :rolleyes:

"Once a domain name enters the cancellation schedule they are cancelled within 24-48 hours. The 90 days renewal cycle guideline is 'on or around', to allow for the cancellation queue to process"

The guy who presses the delete button "in a random sequence" has been furloughed.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
This really is pretty weird. It's not rational. Surely some simple explanation should be published. "The guy in Lazarus's picture was hung over, and didn't show up for work..." "it was the dog..." "We'll try switching it off, and switching it on again..."

It does all feel a bit 'ad hoc' really. Systems should be predictable and not arbitrary. What actually IS the reason?

2020 is a leap year and system was confused by date sequence so it stopped, and after reboot it missed a day :)

You may recall that there was a consultation on drop lists last year, which would have provided clarity on when domains should drop, unfortunately some went off tangent and therefore Nominet used it as a reason for no change.

A-ha! So it's MY fault. o_O

Wow, to think I control the internet!

I certainly agree there need to be changes.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom