Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Please review my new vertical Job Search Engine

Discussion in 'Website Reviews' started by jobuzu, Jul 26, 2013.

?

Rate Jobuzu.co.uk

1. Brilliant Your a Genius!

7.1%
  2. Good site, works well can't complain.

28.6%
  3. What? Are you kidding this is a joke!

64.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seemly

seemly Well-Known Member

Or wait until indeed.co.uk add functionality, features or advert placements then make a carbon copy of that, too... :rolleyes:

Your site adds nothing that other job sites do not. It doesn't even house the actual job listings, it just links out to other sites and their listings = there is no real substance/content to the site.

Why would a search engine favour your site for ranking, never mind why would a user choose jobuzu over the other market leaders. It's not even a memorable domain name (or is this just me?)

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. jobuzu

jobuzu Member

Ok but my question is what does Indeed, Simplyhired, JobRapido, JobisJob and the countless other search engines offer that is unique?

What separates Indeed from the others is its quality. What separates Jobuzu from the rest is its quality ranking. Instead of having the market dominated by a 'Google' there is always space for another option like for users i have spoken to say we rank differently so sometimes you don't find the job on other search engines because of the way they order results and find the job on here.

I understand the USP but again we do offer what i believe is a better search experience compared to SimplyHired, JobRapido and JobisJob. And with new features we will be rolling out over the coming months will gives us that extra edge.

And why is Google the most popular? Because of relevance and the same goes for Vertical search engines.

4. jobuzu

jobuzu Member

And what does Google do? What does Indeed do? Do you read your posts before actually posting them? :confused:

5. DarkSky

DarkSky Active Member

So, where are you planning on getting traffic from?

Google will drop you like a fly after the honeymoon period, if it hasn't already

6. jobuzu

jobuzu Member

I give up! You people just don't understand the industry. I am not offering crap, people are using the site! If i was a MFA then i would understand but this is something that is useful. And Google accepts genuine aggregators that offer a good user experience.

My last post here since i was hoping for useful advice and not after being slated by some. Its easy to do it over the internet.

7. DarkSky

DarkSky Active Member

8. mat

mat Well-Known Member

Excellent user experience and functionality, yet when I type in a postcode without a space, it doesn't work.

9. seemly

seemly Well-Known Member

What does Google do? Seriously? You are comparing your site to Google and you want me to comment on that?

What does indeed do? It offers you slightly more than just inspiration. It not only offers you a platform to scrape and make a carbon copy of - literally - with naming conventions and CSS included, but it will also provide you with some available job openings when things don't quite pan out the way you hoped.

Do you read your posts before posting them?
    Cheerio! Thanks for adding nothing to the Acorn community or the job search niche.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  10. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

People are asking you what is different about your site, why would people use it over another job search site that is already established and how are you planning to market it and get visitors in the first place?

You don't seem to have an answer for these questions..

Don't you think that is a problem?.

People aren't asking to be rude, just to try and make you think.

11. deluxedomains

deluxedomains Well-Known Member

I find most people on this site are only here to help. i guess it is up to us if we listen to the advice we are given

good luck on your job site

• Like Like x 1
  12. paymatters United Kingdom

paymatters Active Member

Nothing wrong with trying to replicate other successful businesses. Perhaps people will prefer your results if they are different. Just like others say the tricky bit is getting people using it.

Can't see anything about signing up to receive notification of new jobs. This would be a good feature if you stored peoples queries and notified them when a new one matched their prior search? If they visit once the key is to get them to keep coming back.

ALso when you click on a job they leave your site. Can't you keep them on it? Very easy to then start searching on the new site rather than yours.

To keep them on your site can you display more key info about each job ie salary etc

Good Luck! Miles

13. martin-s United Kingdom

martin-s Well-Known Member

Why join Acorn for feedback? Or are you sure it isn't just SEO you're after?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.