Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Problem with a domainer

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been corresponding with a domainer - genericdomain.co.uk and had a price agreed with him over email "
Ok - we have a deal!
Can you let me know to whom I invoice and I will then email you the invoice."

I then relayed this to my customer and some 30 mins later i received a reply from genericdomain.co.uk stating he had been a bit hasty and would like to blanket send some emails first to see if he had a better offer.

My customer who has spent a pretty penny with me in the past is now insisting I go through with this sale and at the price I agreed with him.

Can anyone tell me what to do in this circumstance? Can i make a claim against the seller? Do i just tell my customer mistakes happen?

It is my understanding that saying "its a deal" is exactly that as a contract albeit verbal has been agreed.

Thank you
Jon

Id tell your customer the guy has changed his mind as there was no "deal done", just an agreement in principle... its not a mistake as such. I assume your customer knows you were acting as a broker and have no real weight to throw around to make it happen if the seller doesnt want to sell at that price.

If you were not desperate for the domain id call the sellers bluff and pull out of the deal completely, then if he back tracks say your no longer interested in the price you agreed and want lower...........but that's just me, not a game you should play unless your prepared to lose :D. Just sounds like a tactic to encourage a bigger offer from you imo.

Hi, It looks as though this has been resolved with the amount we offered still being the highest and my customer wants me to complete still.

Thank you for your reply. I didnt have the balls to renegotiate as my customer was still a 10 on the angry scale

If admins are ok with it, can this thread be closed.

thank you

@admin can this post be removed. I will say Generic has honoured the deal and this has all been completed.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom