Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sedo Auction Sedo .UK Domain Auction Starting 11 July

No, there are domains from a lot of tags in there.

Has Sedo just shovelled a pile of newly listed domains into an auction? It's all very clandestine and Sedo barely communicates what's going on.

I'd imagine tag holders know, at least one of them does as I enquired about a domain and they advised it would be on Sedo.

I cannot even find the option to add domains to this auction!!!! I asked Sedo and had no reply!

I refuse to even look at anything on sedo now. Terrible terrible platform clutching on past glories.

Thanks for your comments.

The domains which appear in the .uk auction are not owned by Sedo, Sedo does not sell domains directly but simply provides a marketplace for buying and selling, we do not catch dropping domains. The domains appearing in the .uk auction are decided by our marketing team who sometimes work with registrars and other certain stakeholders to actively market domains via special auctions like this one. The auction is a buyers only auction and is focused on Sedo users looking to purchase .uk domains and not individual sellers of .uk domains. This is why there is no information on how to apply for the auction, as it is not possible. There is no fee for buying a domain in this auction.

Lovekraft - with regards to your comment about our platform, we are always looking at ways to improve our platform for our users, and over the last year we have changed so much. If you have not been satisfied with our platform in the past then give it another try and I am sure you will not be disappointed, we would also be interested in getting your feedback directly on what exactly you think is terrible about the marketplace. Please feel free to call me Chris directly on 0049 221 340 30 230 or send me an email to [email protected] and I will be happy to take suggestions.

To anyone looking to take part in the auction I wish you the best of success buying your .uk domain.

So you hold an auction for .uk domains and don't allow sellers to propose/list .uk domains for that auction. Do you really not understand why your platform is disliked on here?

Thanks for your comments.

The domains which appear in the .uk auction are not owned by Sedo, Sedo does not sell domains directly but simply provides a marketplace for buying and selling, we do not catch dropping domains. The domains appearing in the .uk auction are decided by our marketing team who sometimes work with registrars and other certain stakeholders to actively market domains via special auctions like this one. The auction is a buyers only auction and is focused on Sedo users looking to purchase .uk domains and not individual sellers of .uk domains. This is why there is no information on how to apply for the auction, as it is not possible. There is no fee for buying a domain in this auction.

Lovekraft - with regards to your comment about our platform, we are always looking at ways to improve our platform for our users, and over the last year we have changed so much. If you have not been satisfied with our platform in the past then give it another try and I am sure you will not be disappointed, we would also be interested in getting your feedback directly on what exactly you think is terrible about the marketplace. Please feel free to call me Chris directly on 0049 221 340 30 230 or send me an email to [email protected] and I will be happy to take suggestions.

To anyone looking to take part in the auction I wish you the best of success buying your .uk domain.
You failed address our questions with that generic reply! Sedo who?

seems most unfair to run a .uk auction without any chance of participation from uk sellers on here.

'The domains appearing in the .uk auction are decided by our marketing team'

You might want to fire your entire marketing team.....

@sedo - you could have had the best .uk domains on there and instead have a bunch of not very interesting ones of which most won't even reach the reserve...

*stifled laugh* at Rob's comment.

But guys, Chris seems like a nice guy. I respect that he got all these comments and still posted his own contact number.

*stifled laugh* at Rob's comment.

But guys, Chris seems like a nice guy. I respect that he got all these comments and still posted his own contact number.

you must be new sedo are very rare to post on this forum last time was 2014 they only came back due to all this .UK launch etc

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom