Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Seedrs raises £1m in under 7 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Title says it all - this is an impressive new record for equity crowdfunding.
They also opened across Europe today.
I'm expecting big things from this company.

The offer is still open, but likely won't be for long now:
https://www.seedrs.com/join?promo_code=QKID2LDR

Full disclosure: I have invested and if you use that link I'll get a small commission if you invest.

Be aware that, when you purchase "shares" in a company on Seedr, you are purchasing units of a share, the actual shares go to the Seedrs owners who get a seat on the board etc - unlike other places where you actually get a share certificate!

Read the smallprint as it is not obvious!

That's not right - you do own the shares. You certainly get a share certificate - I have quite a few.

They are held in a nominee account on your behalf. It would be pretty difficult for a small startup to deal with 500 shareholders otherwise.

You're correct that other crowdfunding sites don't do this - but I would be very, very careful about investor protections.
The major benefit of Seedrs is that every shareholder gets the same protection as an angel investor would get.
Several crowdfunding sites offer shares with no pre-emption or voting rights, so if your investment does well you could very easily be screwed out of it when the time comes to do the deal - think Zuckerberg cutting out his partner in the Social Network.

There is the option to manage your holding directly for larger deals if you wish, but I actually prefer having Seedrs handle everything.

In the end they raised over £2.5 million and there are big things coming...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom