Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

seo.org.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd, the registrant information has been updated since your first post though!

Odd, the registrant information has been updated since your first post though!

the old name on whois was "nick" the new name is "n singh" so i assume its still the same guy, but he might of had to update it, as i sent a request through to nominet to request more details from the owner as i wanted to know who it was.

or

he might have sold it, but i would have thought he would come to me before selling it.

It all sounds a little dodgy, was the previous registrant info inaccurate too?

Only using your first name as a registrant is pretty dodgy.

-

With that sort of budget for this had you approached the previous owners ?

Could it have been deleted by somebody working for them who was able, but didn't have the right to delete the registration?

It's 100% that the owner knows you are interested.

And I'm sure once they decide to try and sell it they will be in touch.

He has some great names that Nicky Singh.

Last chance.

Well, he is about to miss the chance of selling seo.org.uk to me by the looks of it, as im about to close on another hefty domain name instead.

Nick, if you want to sell to me, you need to come forward tomorrow. I will retract any interest by 12pm Tuesday 22nd May 2012.

he might have sold it, but i would have thought he would come to me before selling it.

Well, he is about to miss the chance of selling seo.org.uk to me by the looks of it,

How come you are 'the buyer' for this name?

I would imagine you are not offering enough otherwise the transfer email would be in your inbox already :)

If I had this and was offered 20K for it, I'd have bitten the offering hand and arm off for it by now! :)

If I had this and was offered 20K for it, I'd have bitten the offering hand and arm off for it by now! :)

thats exactly why i am the buyer for it.

to be fair, i have offered WAY over its real value for just the domain.

it has not real authority or history or any rankings.

for a .org.uk £20k is a good price. Maybe he knows someone willing to pay more for it, but i doubt it.

Oh well.

"Real Value" is interesting, as obviously there is the value and there is a value that will get someone to part with it, which could be argued is the 'real' value ;)

As you dont have the name, you aint offered the real value....

"Real Value" is interesting, as obviously there is the value and there is a value that will get someone to part with it, which could be argued is the 'real' value ;)

As you dont have the name, you aint offered the real value....

fair enough. everyone has their take on it. then this one is not for me.:p

closing on the alternative as we speak.

Actually...can't be arsed to get involved :).

Last edited by a moderator:
£20k is a very good offer, but not amazing, with some work he could be P1 for a term some companies spend tens of thousands of pounds a year on.

I'm amazed Dale sold it so cheap, although i've been guilty of similar mistakes in the past.

£20k is a very good offer, but not amazing, with some work he could be P1 for a term some companies spend tens of thousands of pounds a year on.

You must be joking, it's better to buy a reg fee domain and spend the £20k on getting 500,000 decent backlinks plus supplementary marketing.

The .co.uk has over 4000 odd links to it and ranks nowhere for 'seo' (it needs a lot of on-page work as well though).

Exact match means nothing in an extremely competitive area. You might get lucky for a bit with ranking shake ups and algorithm changes, but you won't stay there very long.

I would say they are mugs for turning down 20k for that domain but they must be doing something right to be able to afford to!

Publicised "seo" domain sales:

seo.de Sedo 23/12/2009 $68,829 USD
seo.cn Moniker 8/09/2010 $29,850 USD
seo.info DNJournal 1/04/2009 $21,930 USD
seo.asia Private 24/02/2008 $18,500 USD
seo.in Sedo 31/03/2011 $18,500 USD
seo.at Sedo 5/02/2011 $12,500 USD
seo.es Sedo 7/07/2010 $7,620 USD
seo.im Private 19/07/2011 $4,000 USD
seo.kr Sedo 29/12/2009 $4,000 USD
seo.us.com Sedo 9/02/2011 $2,500 USD

Either seo.de was very cheap or it makes seo.org.uk look VERY expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom