Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

September .uk drop discussion

The guys at ‘The Register’ would love to get their teeth stuck into this, surely!! #MoreEyeballs #MorePressureOnNominetOrPoliceToTakeAction

I believe its because both Mark and Allan have so many domains its likely to have exceeded their credit limit during the renewal process therefore they would have been placed on hold/renewal but won't update until the credits are added to the account.

aaah.... makes sense. So they wont drop. Thought it was strange they were listed. Been chasing a couple

I see png.uk is now on the 'YAYAY' tag so it obviously dropped and was hand regged.

Nope, that was one that was renewed at fasthosts and then subsequently deleted.

Paying for goods then having them taken away from you is all part of the ongoing "testing process". All this is for your benefit, in a few years when the test results are in, you'll understand the sacrifices others have made for you.

But what can nominet do about this now? It could be a dangerous time to be bidding on domains on D/L or Flip without knowing how they were registered in the first instance?

Registrar agreement

https://media.nominet.uk/wp-content...15.232837395.1599571807-1763938795.1589638806

E.3.6. You may, no earlier than 30 days after the expiry of a domain name on an Accredited Channel Partner Tag, take steps to transfer the domain name into your name, provided that you have previously informed the Registrant that you intend to do this and obtained their explicit consent to your doing so. Such consent must be obtained no earlier than 30 days before the date on which the domain name is due to expire, and no later than 30 days after the date on which the domain name expired. Even if you transfer a domain name in these circumstances, the original Registrant of the domain name must always retain the right to renew the domain name in question as set out in paragraph B.1.13 above. You may not transfer a domain name into the name of a third party under this paragraph;

This was clearly not adhered to, not by FastHosts and the registrars who signed the registrar agreement would have been well aware FastHost had no right to transfer the domains to them, saying "I didn't know it wasn't allowed" isn't a defence when you signed a contract with these terms on

They can choose to do the below

"I. The Contract entitles us to put your contract into Special Status or to take certain steps including termination."

"Sanctions

(a) degrade the responsiveness of any or all Systems;
(b) reduce look up thresholds or access to any or all Systems;
(c) remove access to any or all incentives, such as the ability to make changes to Registrant
names, optout of Registrant communications or to transfer expired domain names in the
Registrar’s own name;
(d) remove the ability to register new domains;
(e) suspend, cancel or transfer one or more domain names;
(f) reverse transactions carried out by you;

(g) restrict the ability to register deleted domains within a period following cancellation;
(h) remove eligibility for accreditation rights and other promotional activity(ies);
(i) remove the ability to make changes to the Registrant name during the expiry period;
(j) remove your ability to use one or more Tags that you have registered with us;
(l) impose credit restrictions as per the Credit and Payment Terms; and
(m) make public any sanctions applied or measures applied to a Registrar. "

I believe e and f should come in to play and the domains should be returned to the FastHost registrants and renewed for 1 year as they didn't get their full time to renew this time around

Whether Nominet decide to do that or to take any more steps against registrars who participated we shall see but it's within their power to do so

• Informative
Reactions: DJ
I've seen that someone paid £30k for healthcare.uk. Wow, good luck with that.

Re. Fasthosts... Has Nominet actually been made aware of this?

Their actions or lack of will be interesting.

bikesheds.uk just got renewed last minute despite all of the others appearing to drop on the tag. What are the chances that someone has used the fasthost loophole here??

Not being funny, what's the short version of this fasthosts carry on. I might bid on some names but not if it's going be a hassle further down the line.

Not being funny, what's the short version of this fasthosts carry on. I might bid on some names but not if it's going be a hassle further down the line.

If the name was registered in the last week, you are 100% fine.

If the name was registered in the last week, you are 100% fine.

Would this be true for questionnaires and png which were both dropped and re-caught? I presume there are many more out there also.

I'm going to wait to do anything with Questionnaires, as I know it was previously renewed via the Fasthosts flaw by someone - so think it's safest to hold on until I/we know more.

I have no doubt, I was just making the point that it may not be safe even if registered in the last week.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom