20i hosting

Support email address

Discussion in 'Nominet General Information' started by RobM, Oct 9, 2017.

1. RobM

RobM Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

I know with all the money they constantly tell us they made they don't employ anyone to answer support emails/phonecalls after 5 and on weekends but my last 3 emails to support have gone unanswered. Does anyone have an address for someone technical there?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. RobM

Ok thanks I have some contact addresses now.

4. Admin Spain

Admin Administrator Staff Member

5. RobM

It's sorted now thanks - I had to take an extra step that all other registries don't need as they are obviously more advanced.

6. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

What was that extra step; some others reading might benefit from knowing in advance?

7. RobM

Basically when you create a nameserver in a different extension and it is listed at the gtld global registry you cannot just modify a uk domain to use the new nameserver. You can in every other extension because they query the global database to check the nameserver exists and retrieve the IP automatically. At nominet you have to actually enter the IP for the nameserver along with the first use of the nameserver otherwise it never knows it exists which meant logging in and using the web domain manager rather than issuing a simple modify epp command. It could be done with a simple 'dig' command from the registry.