Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

The .UK revolution

I was watching Match of the Day and spotted LDSports.uk on the pitchside digital signage at St Mary's Stadium. It's the first .UK I've seen on TV. LDSports.co.uk is registered to the same owner but is showing a GoDaddy parking page.

Last edited:
I spotted this on the road on Saturday.

20200215_080019.jpg

I was watching a video on a big building channel the other day and the screed company has southernscreed.uk plastered on the side of the van.

I'm seeing more and more of them, it's nice.

Last edited:
This .uk is probably going to get a lot of publicity

YXveN3g.png

Edit> not that the website is currently up

JDUtpga.png

Last edited:
It's nearly 2 years since the last post in this thread, but I thought I'd give it a bump because I recently spotted NationalParks.uk :)

Has anyone got any more?

Very few companies have switched from .co.uk to .uk. Or even now websites using .uk from the moment go for their domain names rather than .co.uk.

One would have thought there would have been much more by now.

Doesn't load the non-www for me.

Ahh, I see! I didn't even try that. Not sure how I ended up on the www subdomain, as I never type that in anyway...

Kind of an industry insider, but krystal.uk switched soon after launch if I recall. Naked too, takes full advantage of the shorter, neater, thing.

One of the issues always was that Google would give no guidance on how upgrading from .co.uk to .uk would effect SEO, or a gold standard way of doing it. Nominet did try to get some feedback from Google, but they wouldn't give any, they refused to answer any questions.

Many companies love the idea of .uk but put off by the risks of moving a successfully ranking site. At the moment, it's mostly newly launched sites that are using .uk. It will change at some point and .co.uk owners will be forced to make the switch, when that point is though, who knows.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom