Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

The UK ROR 'WHO GOT WHAT?' thread

Did 123-Reg manage to catch anything? I had some ordered with them and haven't seen their tag crop up in any checks for domain I was and wasn't chasing.

just got an email from godaddy saying I have been allocated the domain that was free to reg. Also got one other domain that I preregistered and I have one that has gone to auction. These weren't premium domains and the best of the three is the one that has gone to Godaddy auction.

Last edited:
Did 123-Reg manage to catch anything? I had some ordered with them and haven't seen their tag crop up in any checks for domain I was and wasn't chasing.

Theres a couple

aged.uk,Y,N,2019-07-01,2020-07-01,123-REG
amin.uk,Y,N,2019-07-01,2020-07-01,123-REG

Yes, just been on the phone to godaddy and they have just resolved the issue.

Got the 3 names that were free to register :):cool:

buoyant.uk
breakeven.uk
burned.uk
breadline.uk
businessinsight.uk
blindsided.uk
battleground.uk
biased.uk
bitsandpieces.uk
biochip.uk
alternativefinance.uk
adserve.uk
backdate.uk
allegation.uk

Anyone interested in any?

Had some customer results in using our software

20 premiums caugt out or 60
15 premiums caught of out 200

Best settings seem to be :
DAC1 on each instance (max 4)
hours left set to 0.6 (0ms) on each

The DAC wont block because the EPP gets throttled before that happens
Most choose the T drop character so they can start the script seconds before the release.

Good results so far.

Impressive! I'm not even using the DAC in any real capacity, just a quick check before getting ready to fire...

same for most of the customers I think, they set for 0ms between, but the dac loop is however used to clear the main list of thosed already renewed but not caught, so that if the list is looped, ones that renewed arnt pushed back into the queue and waste epp hits, same for those caught, pushed into a different list.

Of the 300 or so I had loaded they got

bishop.uk
bmf.uk
bgh.uk
bpe.uk
aot.uk
bka.uk

same for most of the customers I think, they set for 0ms between, but the dac loop is however used to clear the main list of thosed already renewed but not caught, so that if the list is looped, ones that renewed arnt pushed back into the queue and waste epp hits, same for those caught, pushed into a different list.

Check your PM

Sorry for being thick, being a non-tag holder im not in the know. So a's and b's got released today ? Whats the scedule for all the rest please ?

Sorry for being thick, being a non-tag holder im not in the know. So a's and b's got released today ? Whats the scedule for all the rest please ?

The release schedule is as follows:

July 1 Batch 1: Domains beginning 0-9, a-b 

July 2 Batch 2: Domains beginning c-f  

July 3 Batch 3: Domains beginning g-m 

July 4 Batch 4: Domains beginning n-s  

July 5 Batch 5: Domains beginning t-z 

I got to agree. I feel like the vast majority of domains posted so far are just worthless. There are a handful of 'good' domains from some more of the experienced people here but they're what I call 'sucker domains' - The person that registered them will make a little bit of money buy selling them to a sucker that think '.uk' domains are really valuable.

I did a little poll today on a forum I run which 95% of the users are UK based. The question was 'Which domain extension do most associate with a UK operated business/entity"

Example.com - 32 votes
Example.co.uk - 103 votes
Example.org - 4 votes
Example.net - 9 votes
Example.uk - 5 votes

90%+ of the domains registered today won't be worth the fee. I suspect that's why nom allowed all their buddies to reg the ones they had for free, a decent amount will probably drop next year.

It's all about the public's perception and what looks digestable to the eye..

As an end user I would prefer manchester.uk over manchester.com or manchester.co.uk - it just looks better and more trustworthy

But right now, what looks better and with greater authority and trust: rightmove.co.uk or rightmove.uk? As a domainer, I'd say the latter, and I believe the public will arrive at this opinion soon as well, a couple of years

Also, worth noting 99% of domains dropping were originally registered as .co.uk and most of the registrants didn't think the .uk was worth the another £5...

Also, worth noting 99% of domains dropping were originally registered as .co.uk and most of the registrants didn't think the .uk was worth the another £5...

You could say that about all the premium domains that haven't been renewed in the past 20 years or so; it's more about not knowing than not thinking it's worth £5

Anyway, this thread is for who got what, not about debating its merits or lack thereof, should start a new thread about that or go back and read all the old ones

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom