Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

The UK ROR 'WHO GOT WHAT?' thread

Reaction score
I'd like to see this stuff in one place when it kicks off, other than in scattered threads and posts.

Perhaps information like .uk ROR domain(s) caught; with what software/system, cost, technical issues, etc. Whatever you feel is relevant and are willing to share publicly.

Just a suggestion. I'm not participating in any catching, nor have I booked a single ROR drop.

Good luck to all, anyway.

I caught ti.uk in the testbed, does that count? :D

Why have you not participated? The whole situation sucks, but...

Think that a fab idea. Will be interesting see what happens. I'm not expecting much but would like to get a couple in my area of interest. I'm not even bothering trying for the big names. I'll blow my 9 a minute on some lower hanging fruit, and even then they'll be gone by minute 2 i reckon if you have companies like Go Giddy hitting 150 a minute on lots of tags

123reg - got what nominet already promised them they would have for auction
godaddy - got what nominet already promised them they would have for auction
......etc
:rolleyes:

Anything decent will be gone in the first hit. Interested to see if anyone with less resources gets really lucky or they all get hoovered by big registrars.
I think some of the smaller catchers will be lucky on Monday, perhaps nominet wil crash, who knows. :confused:

I think some of the smaller catchers will be lucky on Monday, perhaps nominet wil crash, who knows. :confused:

I'm expecting the normal suspects like Denys to put on a good showing and get a fair few premium names

I'm hoping the big registrars are just going to go for bulk over quality

Did anyone have luck with backordering with CatchTiger.

I bid £3,500 for oil.uk

It looks like it was backordered for 2,700, but not to me:
https://www.catchtiger.com/en/domain-auctions/oil-uk/

This happened with plenty of others like blockchain.uk etc.

Did any others on here win the backorder on these, or were some of these backordered in a different way?

oil.uk

BIDDING HISTORY

42X BID PLACED
  • € 3.501,-Friday 28-6 | 11:25:22 | anonymous
  • € 2.728,-Friday 28-6 | 11:23:30 | philipjorchard
  • € 2.727,-Friday 28-6 | 11:23:30 | anonymous

When do the first batch of domains start dropping?

It is midnight?

day.png

When they are caught, does that show up in real time (give or take a few minutes) on the WHOIS?

I just use the Nominet WHOIS on the public Nominet website, and normally of course my registration would show up within minutes. Should I expect to see the first hour's registrations as quickly as that, or by say 3.15pm? (Or sooner, as they drop?)

Or will the registrations be published in a block later on?

It will be like watching TV on election night to track the lists of interesting names and see the early patterns of which registrars seem to be getting the better % of good names.

I tend to agree with another commenter on one of your threads, that I think 123 will go for volume over premium domains. As they are not operating an auction model, it would make no financial difference to them whether they prioritise oil.uk or westbogtown-grocerschildren-playgroup.uk

In fact, they'd make more money if they prioritised the unpopular names and sucked them all up, rather than wasting their early catches on names where competition will mean they waste a lot of those slots.

In reality I think 123 will just randomly catch, without any kind of priority.

It's quite fascinating to see how this unfolds, as it's been a long time coming. I think there'll be surprises. And disappointments.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom