Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

to sell or not to sell that is the question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not denying for 1 second they look good for PURELY online use, its the print and verbal issues which concern me. I have experienced these issues first hand, and I can guess the leakage will be considerable.

If I was in a game which relied purely online, search engines and links, I'd be with with ya.

I'd wager they sold in the x,xxx sunrise or whatever period NOT the £20 general release phase, I haven't checked the dates to verify that, just my guess. Would you say they are worth x,xxx if they was taken then ? If you do I'll sell you the .co.uk with .uk rights to a few like that for a penny over (£1,000.01) each ;)

Also now I'm saying your dodging the answer, how many have you bought combined in the new extensions ;)

Don't forget to write underneath on the van why Liverpool.plumbing has no extension on the end, because the thousands who see it won't be able to fathom it out, they will assume the end has fallen off of a sub domain.

Godaddy might be a bit upset with that comment considering the wads they've spent on TV ADVERTISING.

Skinner a couple more points.

Schilling on record saying with his new tlds there's no sunrise or any of that nonsense, there's a launch day and it's first come first served.

Also some of these new tlds are coming with built in features you cannot offer as a registrar on dotcom.

So sticking again with .plumbing [though in this particular case they haven't bothered], what that means is reg, then 1 click straight to your dedicated plumbing webbuilder designed specifically for your business sector.

TV advertising now, sooner or later you'll have to accept domaining just hit the mainstream.

Godaddy might be a bit upset with that comment considering the wads they've spent on TV ADVERTISING.

A drop in the ocean compared to the billions being spent by companies to brand the .co.uk and .com extensions - and that drop is effectively split between 1,000 competing new GTLD.

So even if you assume that GD have spent $100,000,000 on TV advertising (a very high estimate) that's effectively $100K/new GTLD which means exactly ZERO visibility for each one.

BTW, Godaddy's main Superbowl ad (the one that cost them over $4,000,000) had nothing to do with new GTLD.

I'm assuming you have the same number of the new TLD as me given you don't seem willing to put a number on it. ;)

I don't think the WebBuilder idea is neither here nor there, didn't do much for .tel did it ?

I'm assuming you have the same number of the new TLD as me given you don't seem willing to put a number on it. ;)

I don't think the WebBuilder idea is neither here nor there, didn't do much for .tel did it ?

This constant reference to the past means what exactly? So Amazon, Google, Ebay, are getting their noses in but you know better. Major adult providers switching over to .xxx but you know better.

No on in here can even get reg fee for even half decent uk domains in here but you know better. ntlds's which are more than just webbuilder, but coming with apps, and all sorts of features and they are not even out yet but you know better.

But the most important point is this. Dotcom did not achieve overnight success, it took years, but those who made the precision investments early on walked away millionaires, yet all the anti-ntld bridgade are offering criticisms based on applying expectations on this new initiative that even .dotcom would have failed.

In addition to this we have not seen what new domain products and services are coming cos it's ONLY just kicked off. Sarcastic comments and remarks about comparing dotcom sales with ntld's, all I can say is enjoy it whilst it lasts. Cos it only takes one of the millions upon millions of people out there who develop online to make a success of an enterprise that is associated with a ntld and that dude is the true launch day and that is truly how the internet works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom