Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Transfers to Godaddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there's anything special needed to transfer a .co.uk domain to Godaddy? Can it even be done? (there seems to be conflicting information out there)

AFAIK you can't, unless it's changed recently. Sold a few domains that buyers wanted to move there and it wasn't possible.

You can buy .uk domains and transfer them out, but not in. Question is, why even use them? If it's a buyer who wants this I always recommend a uk centric registrar.

I thought you could:

To initiate a .uk transfer, you must do the following:

Purchase a .uk transfer for $0 on our website.

NOTE: The .uk transfer does not include a free one-year extension because the transfer is free.

Contact your current registrar and request an IPS tag change to GODADDY. Once updated, the transfer completes immediately.

I thought you could:

To initiate a .uk transfer, you must do the following:

Purchase a .uk transfer for $0 on our website.

NOTE: The .uk transfer does not include a free one-year extension because the transfer is free.

Contact your current registrar and request an IPS tag change to GODADDY. Once updated, the transfer completes immediately.

I think I have done it this way.

The above advice worked perfectly. The buyer's got the name under their control at Godaddy and seems happy enough. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom