20i Reseller Hosting

.uk discussed on DomainSherpa

Discussion in '.UK Domain Name Consultations' started by WealdDomains, Oct 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WealdDomains United Kingdom

WealdDomains Active Member

Mike Berkens talks about .uk in this week's DomainSherpa aftershow (not the main show). The .uk discussion starts at about 11m15s into the aftershow video at http://www.domainsherpa.com/review-20131010/ and lasts about four minutes.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. julian United Kingdom

julian Banned

good post.. I see someone reg'd applepicking.co.uk ;)

Based on that I should I reg strawberrypicking.co.uk?

4. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

For anyone considering watching this just for the .uk talk I would save your time.. very brief mention and they skimmed the top of a discussion you could have about it.

5. WealdDomains United Kingdom

WealdDomains Active Member

There may not have been any new insight, but I think it is useful for us to be aware that someone like Mike Berkens, on a panel with several other major industry figures, is flagging up to the global domaining community what is going on and how .co.uk prices are currently depressed.

6. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

it really is just stating things that we already know. (and the rest of the world, don't care about anyway) Their Domainlore focus wasn't the place to get a feel for things though. be nice if they pointed out its a 'Fire sale' platform.

7. Stephen United Kingdom

Stephen Well-Known Member

was surprised by what they did not say

I disagree any insight and views help form a picture of what others think about .uk. It didn't take that long to watch!

I don't think they were that well informed and had a narrow perspective on current domain UK prices rather than the .uk proposal/consultation and its effects.

I was surprised they did not say .uk would be a great opportunity as if it is an 'opt in' system that is used as Nominet have proposed there is great scope to get some great domains that people will not apply for, for the price of a normal registration.

Thanks for posting the link.

8. Stephen United Kingdom

Stephen Well-Known Member

'fire sale' platform?

Can you please provide a website that holds UK domain auctions that is not a 'fire sale' platform?

Any auction price obtained is going to be different from end user prices paid at Sedo or elsewhere when the end user locates the domain and buys it rather than the domain presents itself for sale at auction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.