Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

US Registrar "sold" my .uk domain after 30 days

Reaction score
Weird one this, any advice welcome!

I had a .uk domain with a major US registrar. It's an old account that I only have that one domain with now.

The domain expiry date came up, and no payment was made. After 30 days then domain was removed from my account and is now apparently been "purchased" or moved to another account at the same registrar.

I still have the domain in my Nominet account with my information as the registered owner.

What would happen if I initiate a registrar transfer directly with Nominet and get the domain back in the move to a new registrar?

Thanks

I had the same recently. I tried to explain to the registrar’s customer support rep that it was against Nominets terms but I could not get them to understand. I gave up in the end as it was not a particularly good domain that I lost.

I wonder if it is the same registrar. Is there a reason why you have not named and shamed them?

It's Namecheap - did you have any success moving the domain directly with Nominet?

if its worth more than £12 to you, do a nominet transfer and update the IPS-TAG.

if its worth more than £12 to you, do a nominet transfer and update the IPS-TAG.

Done and have it now back. Ownership of the domain never legally/technically changed. They just removed it from my account and blocked me from renewing it after 30 days.

Do you think they'd try and reclaim it somehow now its gone?

Done and have it now back. Ownership of the domain never legally/technically changed. They just removed it from my account and blocked me from renewing it after 30 days.

Do you think they'd try and reclaim it somehow now its gone?

They can’t reclaim what is not theirs so as long as it has been moved to a different registrar or tag it is no longer with them they have absolutely no control over it.

The cheeky bizzums

Short answer is, you are still the rightful registrant.
Their company policy cannot trump Nominet's policy which they are obligated to adhere too if they want to continue to operate as a Nominet registrar.

I'm glad you got your domain back.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom