Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Who Inspires You In Domaining and Internet Marketing?

Discussion in 'Business Discussions' started by accelerator, Oct 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

Actually I think SecName is a moderator as well. He just doesn't have the badge on his profile. He still has mod privileges. Ask Alan. :)

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. PoshTiger United Kingdom

PoshTiger Retired Member

Utter shit that. It does not involve me financially whatsoever.

Whenever I get asked to remove a thread by another member I act on it and only then as I don't hang around here 24/7 and read every thread like some other members.

I never delete, I always move the threads so admin can move back if required so stop calling my integrity into question.

You know what, I don't want to be a mod any more and I'm struggling to find any reason to be here at all.

4. fuzzer United Kingdom

fuzzer Active Member

Just to add my bit - I've had 3 beers on this Friday night, sat in garage, keeping out of way of a stressed out mummy and a 10 month old that doesn't like sleeping - so you're getting it...

Here it is:

Murray, Murray - he da man - if he can't do it - no one can!
    (seriously - always gives good advice in threads and when asked)

Tictak - you don't wanna delete your account - you'll only open another bloody one :) (anyway I admire your passion and think you reg some pretty nice names)

And finally - you've gotta respect the monkey, whenever I read his posts I sense an honesty gained from experience.

Cheers

P.S. Edwin, your missed, please post more... :)

5. Retired_Member39

Retired_Member39 Retired Member

Nice post fuzzer. Well I still stand my ground in that I think mods should of done more to prevent the likes of Edwin from feeling they can't post anymore, I'm not saying I don't appreciate Monkeys post at all but he does have a very nasty side, calling people spastics or mocking them on a repeated basis on the internet is pretty cowardice, I would bet every penny I have he wouldn't do it to my face.

Posh a drop catching thread (does) involve you unless you can deny being a drop catcher. Just make monkey the admin and call the forum acorn domains the 6th Reich, job done.

6. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

Chaps, a reminder from the thread starter that the thread title is "Who Inspires You In Domaining and Internet Marketing?"

The idea is to post links to blogs/resources/profiles that we can all learn from, get smarter, and get richer.

Having a few more posts on topic would be good :)

7. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

8. Retired_Member38

Retired_Member38 Banned

You're the one that came into this thread and ruined it for no real reason so don't complain when people quite rightfully take the piss you stupid wanker.

9. Retired_Member38

Retired_Member38 Banned

This is the one and only piece of advice I'm going to give you.

Stop going online when you're drunk... you're just making yourself look like an idiot every time you go on one of these alcohol fuelled rants.

The only saving grace here is that most of them were so idiotic the mods had no option but to remove them, and anyone who has a life and isn't online on a friday night has completely missed them :lol:

10. Retired_Member39

Ok Lee from Oracle SEO ltd you do try really hard to protect your identity.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  11. Retired_Member38

Retired_Member38 Banned

Take a couple of paracetamols and go to bed, you'll feel better in the morning :lol:

12. deluxedomains

deluxedomains Well-Known Member

I knew you had a heart some were in you monkey:wink:

13. Retired_Member38

Retired_Member38 Banned

Sorry there was a typo in my last post, I meant take 2 packets of them,

14. Retired_Member39

Monkey being nice twice in one thread, this is utter madness.

15. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

I have sent you a PM TT, yes I can delete your account.

I do not understand agression towards the moderators here, they all help me for free, giving their own time to keep the site free of spammers, trolls and people who should not be allowed to own a keyboard.

Without them this place would be a lot worse and I would not be able to maintain it alone due to more and more challenging work commitments and personal circumstances.

Please remember the next time any of you decide to go Moderator bashing if you want Acorn to stay a viable place to discuss domains then thank them not agress them.

Admin

16. WalkinDude United States

WalkinDude Well-Known Member

Just make monkey the admin and call the forum acorn domains the 6th Reich, job done.

This is funny though.

Re. Inspirational Domainers. Anyone who posts with genuine advice wins this badge. Your posts save people a lot of headache when people bother to read them.

But if I had to pick one name it would be Edwin. The quality and detail of his posts really takes some beating and the effort put into them. It gives any thread he's involved in some real professionalism and seriousness to the points being made.

I hope none of the regulars leave and in fact more people continue to join. All the exposing of information not relevant to the business of domaining is a no no though. I like to read a good row in here. The different personalities, and approaches to posting keep things interesting.

17. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Funny maybe but from this thread we have lost a Member and a Moderator, so I hope people can keep to the subject matter in future, for what should have been a positive thread subject has ended up completely negative.

Edwin's posts were always thought invoking and he is one of the few I have seen who was prepared to put money behind domaining at exhibitions by having a stand and doing excellent research and trials to see what works. To then share this experience on AD for others to get the benefits was very generous.

There are many valued memebrs still here, let's just try to get along and help each other.

Admin

18. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member

"Inspires" is a funny word, I cant say there is anyone that i would say i look up to in such a way that i hang on every word they say. I do however have "respect" for a good number of individuals in the Marketing industry.

Likewise in my short time here there are some members which i have a degree of respect for in one way or another whether it because of their helpful posts, obvious experience or the way they conduct them selves .

Those members :

Murry, seems like a good bloke, keeps his cool and to be honest must be a saint because id have lost it with some people that have called him out in the past couple of months.

Invisible and Monkey, two people very much like myself who say how it is and are to the point. Mistaken by many as arrogant but there is a fine line between being arrogant and confident, people dont like that especially if they are the girly , inferior type that like to bitch and moan over trivial things.

Of course, Edwin....he's not been active while ive been here too much but ive read a huge amount of his posts when looking for various information , watched some of his videos. His contribution is invaluable.

There are a few others which i also like reading as well.

The UK domain market is still something im learning, I hope to at one point get rigged up to catch but for the time being reading some of information and comical genius from these guys has given this place character which i didnt expect when signing up.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  19. julian United Kingdom

julian Banned

trouble is there are quite a few members who post a non-stop constant stream of shite.. and I think there is only so much some more "experienced" members can take before letting rip.

In 8 years of being here it definitely seems most of it is from people who joined in the last 2/3 years - why is that?

20. Retired_Member42

Retired_Member42 Retired Member

Probably because the old-timers are stuck in the dark ages domain-wise and the new members are calling them out on it.

• Like Like x 1
  21. RobM

RobM Retired Member

Paul (safesys) from domainstate. He was the one who got me into co uks so many years ago and persuaded me to get a tag to use the automaton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.