Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Who's Using Fresh Store Builder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it doesn't.
Each size/colour is displayed as a new product page.

This is one of my major gripes with it on one of my sites. :(

You have to make sure you are adding the "parent" product.

Ouch, ok how do you add individual colours / sizes - Surely they have the same ASIN ?

Each variation has a unique ASIN and the "parent" product has a unique ASIN. If you add the parent ASIN it will group together all the variations (and add any missing ones) into the one page like the example I posted.

Unfortunately for some reason Amazon don't indicate via the API that any given product is a variation. Therefore if you add the ASIN of a variation, there is no way to tell that it has "brothers and sisters" and a "parent product" until you add the "parent product" itself.

It is a slightly tricky concept to understand but to make you add the ASIN that appears on the Amazon product page (not in the URL). Products automatically added via a search or browse node *should* be parents only.

Hah worked it out just as you replied - awesome, now go activate my forum account! J/k :)

Hah worked it out just as you replied - awesome, now go activate my forum account! J/k :)

Excellent :) Make sure you have sent your username to support and it will be updated 5 minutes ago :D

Although now I have an issue where I select the size - but no colours are available to select! :/

how can you find out if there is a partent of the product and how do you find it?

the product im looking at is in a colour but in the desc does say it is availiable in 12 other colours

http://beautytunics.co.uk/

Not finished but its coming along.

For some reason the products aren't working - When you select a size the colour drop down doesn't have any options in it.

Might be related to permissions (the security on my server is set very high)

Edit: Seems like the entire ajax folder is missing - not so good!

Last edited:
how can you find out if there is a partent of the product and how do you find it?

the product im looking at is in a colour but in the desc does say it is availiable in 12 other colours

What is the product? Some products are not created as "parent -> child" products on Amazon, so they list seperately. Try adding the ASIN that shows on the actual page, or let me know the product and I will check it out.

For some reason the products aren't working - When you select a size the colour drop down doesn't have any options in it.

I believe we fixed this with you via support - let us know if there is anything else you need

I've been waiting a week for forum activation and still awaiting a response to a support mail from this morning.
I have issues I need resolved and am quickly going off your product!

I've been waiting a week for forum activation and still awaiting a response to a support mail from this morning.
I have issues I need resolved and am quickly going off your product!

It looks like there was some confusion with your forum username - you gave a different name in your original ticket than you gave today. I will activate this now.

There are three of us on the support team and we do our best to respond to tickets within 24 hours. I am looking at your ticket now and will respond from there.

Last edited:
Good to see the AD deal, Carey! :)

Got my latest store just up at Drum Sticks.

Thinking of putting together a package at Wait.co.uk where we'd offer a customised FSB template and logo (changed colours, etc, like my stores for instance), plus original homepage text and 3 original separate articles (so, 4 x 500 words or so) for your store site.

Need to hammer out the details and what we'd cost it at, but would anyone be interested in such a package deal? :)

We now have a special introductory deal on our brand new Fresh Store Builder package at Wait, for a price of £95.00.

Details from here: Fresh Store Builder with content & template. Hope it's useful for people. :)

On category pages, is it possible to have the category description only under the table of products rather than above and below?

e.g. On this drum sticks page, the description "All the Drum Sticks you need!" is on there twice.

(I haven't bought FSB yet to test and see, just wondering how flexible the layouts are)

On category pages, is it possible to have the category description only under the table of products rather than above and below?

e.g. On this drum sticks page, the description "All the Drum Sticks you need!" is on there twice.

(I haven't bought FSB yet to test and see, just wondering how flexible the layouts are)

You can set that on the Categories page with anything you want or blank, wb.

There's a top and bottom description field; I'd completed both of them the same previously and you've reminded me to now change them. :)

Giving this a go but had a few minor install issues which were sorted quickly, now my homepage is working but the category urls are not :confused:
Easy enough to add products, is anyone using the spinner, is it any good?!

@careybaird I signed up on the fsb forum as 'dragon' could you activate pls?

Giving this a go but had a few minor install issues which were sorted quickly, now my homepage is working but the category urls are not :confused:
Easy enough to add products, is anyone using the spinner, is it any good?!

@careybaird I signed up on the fsb forum as 'dragon' could you activate pls?

Welcome aboard, I have enabled dragon on the forum :)

Check out http:/forum.freshstorebuilder.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=800 for my strategy and how I use Best Spinner :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom