Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Who's Using Fresh Store Builder?

Discussion in 'Fresh Store Builder' started by Alien, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

One particular thing which I've disliked so far is using the built in contact form on Fresh Store Builder - it's wide open to bots/spammers etc sending you junk. It also sends blank e-mails too if visitors just press the send button without entering any text.

So, I've added a simple CAPTCHA element to mine to solve this, by editing two files, it seems to work nicely so far. Here's one of my contact pages for example. It also sends a copy of the e-mail to to the original sender's e-mail address.

Happy to share this, if people would like it - please PM me and I'll customise the files for you and send over, it's an easy file replacement then. :cool:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  2. chippyb United Kingdom

chippyb Active Member

how have you got on with getting it in the search engines?

3. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Aquatics seems to have taken ages to get listed, despite the bots going bonkers on it! Finally, some pages are indexed now which is reassuring. I don't think it's FSB though, just a normal delay? :cool:

4. WigWam

WigWam Well-Known Member

Good, as always :cool:

Make sure you get some nice deep backlinks to your site from high quality sources, this should improve the indexing of your site.

WW.

5. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Thanks WW, will do - early days I guess, but it's now bedding down nicely. I now have 3 live stores, with plans to add many, many more! :D

6. chippyb United Kingdom

chippyb Active Member

You work fast done you haha, i still only have one site, but this one is going alot so need to keep on top of it, plus out of money and out of domains lol

7. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

LOL, some I've redeveloped from the old site in place and some are completely new. :)

For instance on Noisy Neighbours I previously had a Dreamweaver built site in place, now replaced with store, etc, will be interesting to see how it performs. :cool:

PS: I have a target of approx. 100 new stores over the next 12 months. :D

8. chippyb United Kingdom

chippyb Active Member

very nice,

I really like the colours in your store, what did you edit? also you have changed the layout sligtly and changed images, looks really good and would suit my next store i have in mind

• Like Like x 1
  9. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Thanks chippy, appreciate the feedback. :) I've got two template variants I can use now and working on a third at the mo.

I've just changed the relevant CSS files in the template folder and replaced the supplied buttons, etc. If you'd like a hand to do this, just shout! :D

PS: I use TopStyle to edit the CSS, makes it easier.

10. chippyb United Kingdom

chippyb Active Member

also how does it work with more than one store on amazon, do you have more than one tracking id or are you using the same one? do you have to sigh up again?

Thanks

11. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

I've got a different tracking ID for each store, so I can see what's going on. You can add them from manage tracking IDs bit and choose what you want to put into FSB settings. :) You don't have to sign up to Amazon again, all from one acc.

12. careybaird

careybaird from Fresh Store Builder

Hi guys - there has been a lot of interest from Acorn Domains users and quite a few of you are now using this on your domains (there are some great looking stores!).

So I spoke to Alan (the owner of AcornDomains.co.uk) and we have setup a discount for you. If you use the following link you will save $100 and get the software for $97

www.freshstorebuilder.com/discount/acorndomains/

I won't intrude on your discussions but if there is anything you need answering I am on this forum, or you can contact our team at [email protected] :cool:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  13. chippyb United Kingdom

chippyb Active Member

Hi Carey

Thats a really good offers from you, that should get you a few more members

14. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Good to see the AD deal, Carey! :)

Got my latest store just up at Drum Sticks.

Thinking of putting together a package at Wait.co.uk where we'd offer a customised FSB template and logo (changed colours, etc, like my stores for instance), plus original homepage text and 3 original separate articles (so, 4 x 500 words or so) for your store site.

Need to hammer out the details and what we'd cost it at, but would anyone be interested in such a package deal? :)

15. WigWam

WigWam Well-Known Member

I might be interested in this as-long as it isn't too expensive :)

Cheers,

WW.

16. stender United Kingdom

stender Well-Known Member

I think i'll give it a try with 'nebulisers co uk' and see how it goes.

17. Whibs

Whibs Active Member

I'd be interested depending on price? Love the drumsticks site looks good, much better than the live demo site

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  18. Ashton Canada

Ashton Well-Known Member

Alien, might be worth checking any license restrictions on using the software on other peoples domains. Probably not an issue but worth checking with Carey anyway!

19. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Thanks Whibs, just formalising the package offer now. :)

Cheers Ash, I won't be offering to install or use my licence on other people's domains; they'll need to buy their own licence for that. I'll just be offering a template/content service. :)

20. careybaird

careybaird from Fresh Store Builder

Great idea Alien :) There is a lot of room here for people offering services on top of Fresh Store Builder. Flipping sites is also something that isn't being done by anyone right now - there is a discussion on this in the private forum, affiliate section.

Yes you do need another license, but please contact me for reseller/developers license and other options so you can include it all in a package. Same goes for anyone wanting to include FSB in another service or package. This also ensures you get the referral for the user you are providing the service to.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.