Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Why sextet.co.uk hasn't got any bids - Isn't it worth enough ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I thought that the word "sextet" is widely used in UK - Was I right ?

If yes - Why isn't that valuable ? That's a single word - and also has an estimated value of $11000 by Estibot and also a good number of search for that keyword - I'm really confused - Can anyone let me know where am i going wrong ?

Your first mistake is using Estibot - it's completely meaningless!

The word 'sextet' means a group of six people and is usually associated with classical music. It's not widely used (even in classical music quartets are more common).

I think you need to try and imagine why someone would want a website with that name. If there was a group of musicians who performed as a sextet then the chances are they would have a band name and would want that as the name of their website.

Just because something is a known dictionary word doesn't automatically mean it has value unfortunately.

If yes - Why isn't that valuable ? That's a single word - and also has an estimated value of $11000 by Estibot and also a good number of search for that keyword - I'm really confused - Can anyone let me know where am i going wrong ?

Email Estibot and offer them it for only 1% of their valuation, they should be delighted to get such a good deal.

When this doesn't happen, you should understand the true value of an estibot valuation :lol:

Never even heard of the word until you just made me Google it. Thought you had just misspelt something when i saw it for sale. :rolleyes:

The last and only time I've seen the word in use was when my parents purchased a Gigaset N300A base with sextet handsets for around the house, but at a better price than that I believe. :p

Not worth anything I am afraid, can suggest to do a little bit more home work before spending your money.

Thanks everyone for taking time

That was really useful information :)

Sextet is a six piece instrumental ensemble. That's the main use. It's not especially common.

Importantly, it's not a particularly commercial term, it's not associate with high profit, so that's where you're going wrong.

Estibot values should not be used to assess domain value in my opinion. You need to use your commercial awareness to identify a valuable domain.

Rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom