Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use unflavoured isopro 97 or unflavoured hydrolysed, but I mix it with other proteins which are flavoured. For example one of my fav shakes is

10g of isopro unflavoured.
20g of optimum nutrition vanilla ice cream hydro.
10g vanilla micellar.
1g of xantham gum.
1g Montmorency Cherry.
400mg Co-Q10.
400-450ml of semi skimmed milk.

Most my shakes are mixes like this, always a blend

The myprotein complete greens, I add 2g into my protein shake, doesn't seem that bad. I have never tried it, not inside a shake so don't know what it tastes like alone.

The fruits from bulk powders have a very sweet and tart after taste. They just make fruit based smoothies a little sweeter, so go well with blueberries and such.

If I'm using real fruits, I will usually mix my whey or other proteins with milk, to make an unflavoured protein milk, then I add this into the smoothie. Adding just power into fruit has never ever worked for me,

I have used the above protein milk with pancakes too, but not an omelette.

I mix most my proteins in a Mix Master shaker, used mix masters for about 10 yrs now.

I have got the bulk powders unflavoured stuff at the minute, I only got it because I thought I could hide it in fruit smoothies and wouldn't notice. It really seems to take the flavour out of things as well as having no flavour.

I had some of the Bulk Powders green stuff also, had to hold my nose and down that and tried putting it in Omelettes but it went a bit funny.

Do you use a Nutribullet type thing for smoothies? How fruity are the fruits? I might get some for when I run out of actual fruit and don't fancy a flavourless smoothie!

I use unflavoured isopro 97 or unflavoured hydrolysed, but I mix it with other proteins which are flavoured. For example one of my fav shakes is

10g of isopro unflavoured.
20g of optimum nutrition vanilla ice cream hydro.
10g vanilla micellar.
1g of xantham gum.
1g Montmorency Cherry.
400mg Co-Q10.
400-450ml of semi skimmed milk.

Most my shakes are mixes like this, always a blend

The myprotein complete greens, I add 2g into my protein shake, doesn't seem that bad. I have never tried it, not inside a shake so don't know what it tastes like alone.

The fruits from bulk powders have a very sweet and tart after taste. They just make fruit based smoothies a little sweeter, so go well with blueberries and such.

If I'm using real fruits, I will usually mix my whey or other proteins with milk, to make an unflavoured protein milk, then I add this into the smoothie. Adding just power into fruit has never ever worked for me,

I have used the above protein milk with pancakes too, but not an omelette.

I mix most my proteins in a Mix Master shaker, used mix masters for about 10 yrs now.

That seems like a lot of stuff going in. How do you find it? I usually just have some no xplod before and then 2 scoops of whey with some fruit and skimmed milk for after.

Balanced diet and exercise...just saying :D :p

Different proteins have different absorption rates and composition profiles. Micellar for example is a very slow releasing protein, hydrolysed is a very fast acting, isolate is very clean protein minimal fat/lactose/etc in it, so each protein type has a different profile.

Montmorency + CoQ are antioxidants which I prefer. Xanthem is a thickening/emulsifying agent.

The 3 proteins here I selected for intra workout use, hydro will be in my system while I'm still lifting (this particular one has some carbs as well to keep me going), iso will kick in before that runs out and the micellar is a drip feed.

Yeah I'm guessing your kinda weak, most people who say diet an exercise think a 40kg shoulder press and a 80kg deadlift is impressive. Whereas I call those warm up weights ;)

Balanced diet and exercise...just saying :D :p

Edit: Balanced diet doesn't work when your lifting heavy or training hard. 2-4g of protein per kg of body weight from a balanced diet ain't happening, its about 4-5lbs of meat to get that much protein per day. So balanced diet only works for people who don't lift, hence the weak comment ;)

Last edited:
Yeah I'm guessing your kinda weak, most people who say diet an exercise think a 40kg shoulder press and a 80kg deadlift is impressive. Whereas I call those warm up weights ;)

Edit: Balanced diet doesn't work when your lifting heavy or training hard. 2-4g of protein per kg of body weight from a balanced diet ain't happening, its about 4-5lbs of meat to get that much protein per day. So balanced diet only works for people who don't lift, hence the weak comment ;)

Understood, I just know loads of people that use supplements thinking it is a good substitute for a balanced healthy diet, but I agree, for lifting weights, it all helps.

I'm built for endurance rather than strength...I could fit in an F1 car :D

Understood, I just know loads of people that use supplements thinking it is a good substitute for a balanced healthy diet, but I agree, for lifting weights, it all helps.

I'm built for endurance rather than strength...I could fit in an F1 car :D

The supplement industry is a bit messed up, lots of nonsense products marketed by athletes who supplement themselves a little more 'exoticly' if you know what i mean.

I agree with you that there's no substitute for food, but supplementing your diet with additional protein in the form of whey powder helps a lot. I add it to a lot of dairy to bump up the numbers: greek yoghurt, cottage cheese.

But aside from that and a decent multivitamin, the main focus should be on eating actual food.

The guys with a keg belly, spotty shoulders and backs, you mean.

I know very very few genuinely big guys, even fewer who are lean and big who aren't using something, the human body just wasnt meant to get that big or strong and can't naturally achieve nor sustain it.

The supplement industry is a bit messed up, lots of nonsense products marketed by athletes who supplement themselves a little more 'exoticly' if you know what i mean.

I agree with you that there's no substitute for food, but supplementing your diet with additional protein in the form of whey powder helps a lot. I add it to a lot of dairy to bump up the numbers: greek yoghurt, cottage cheese.

But aside from that and a decent multivitamin, the main focus should be on eating actual food.

On a side note, have you seen the I'm a celebrity foods at Iceland? Ostrich, Croc and Roo made by Kezie, works out a quid per burger/steak... This is better than black Friday offers...

http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/iceland-im-a-celebrity-exotic-meat-feast-910g/p/57834

On a side note, have you seen the I'm a celebrity foods at Iceland? Ostrich, Croc and Roo made by Kezie, works out a quid per burger/steak... This is better than black Friday offers...

http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/iceland-im-a-celebrity-exotic-meat-feast-910g/p/57834

Will have a gander, but generally i just stick with chicken breast and lean beef mince. Sometimes i buy turkey but im quite happy eating the same thing everyday really. Makes things simpler.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The guys with a keg belly, spotty shoulders and backs, you mean.

I know very very few genuinely big guys, even fewer who are lean and big who aren't using something, the human body just wasnt meant to get that big or strong and can't naturally achieve nor sustain it.

Haven't seen it no but I got this Bombay Bad Boy from Iceland.

IMG_1621.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom