Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else have trouble paying by Mastercard last night? My card got declined after entering the Securecode details, and then got blocked by my bank. I don't think it was the PCWorld website that was the problem, but the bank's Mastercard gateway.

I think next time I might try paying by debit card instead.

Rgds

13:05 and I can't get on to the Tesco website.

I hope Tesco will invest in a queueing/ticketing system for their key stores, to avoid a repeat of the ugly scuffles next year.

Rgds

so many websites are either queued or down, kind of off putting. I would be tempted to venture out but I am stuck in all day waiting for DHL.

Must be a sign, not to bother. Tomorrow will be worse.

so many websites are either queued or down, kind of off putting. I would be tempted to venture out but I am stuck in all day waiting for DHL.

Must be a sign, not to bother. Tomorrow will be worse.
Yes chris your right there are some good deals but not many far better deals after christmas :cool:

Sent from my Oneplus One

Don't forget, there's Cyber Monday to come yet

Apple are apparently doing £300 off imac's in store.

I haven't looked at apples website, since frankly I'd rather be beaten about the tesco's with a meat tenderiser than buy under powered, under performing, style over function running bootlegged software computers :p

No mac, ever, can out perform a PC. Even tho Macs are PC's since mac hardware was so great it went bust :p My mate keeps going on about how his new mac can do 5k, please fool, my laptop can push 20k to 4 x 5k displays and not even break a sweat :p

John Lewis has £100 off iMacs, Mac Book Pro and Air ... although it doesn't sound like you're interested Skinner!!!

Who needs TVs or tablets, I got a toothbrush that has bluetooth!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00K2U61FG/?tag=acorn06-21

Only I got it in the amazon lightning deal this morning and now it's even cheaper :(

I hope the tooth brushing lessons go well! :D

"SmartSeries features Bluetooth 4.0 technology that connects to the Oral-B App* and provides real-time guidance to track your results, customise your brushing and provide entertainment. This requires Bluetooth 4.0 compatible device"

Apple are apparently doing £300 off imac's in store.

I haven't looked at apples website, since frankly I'd rather be beaten about the tesco's with a meat tenderiser than buy under powered, under performing, style over function running bootlegged software computers :p

No mac, ever, can out perform a PC. Even tho Macs are PC's since mac hardware was so great it went bust :p My mate keeps going on about how his new mac can do 5k, please fool, my laptop can push 20k to 4 x 5k displays and not even break a sweat :p

Lol, not a fan then!

I was in John Lewis earlier getting my mummy a tv, didn't even go to the computer part.

Some good in-store deals but most other than high end were sold out, but I can wait a few days for delivery.

No Mac love here ;)

Can you imagine bubuyina Lego set then finding all the pices once put together are instantly glued so you can't change anything or do any thing other than what Lego say ?

That's a Mac for ya ;)

Lol, not a fan then!

I hope the tooth brushing lessons go well! :D

"SmartSeries features Bluetooth 4.0 technology that connects to the Oral-B App* and provides real-time guidance to track your results, customise your brushing and provide entertainment. This requires Bluetooth 4.0 compatible device"

I like how the app allows you to 'customise your brushing routine'. Don't quite know what that means, but sounds like something I need because technology :D

Can you imagine bubuyina Lego set then finding all the pices once put together are instantly glued so you can't change anything or do any thing other than what Lego say ?

That's a Mac for ya ;)

Very true.

I wouldn't mind, but Jobsworth has been in the ground for 3 years, you'd think they would be shaking off that uber control attitude and bend a little, and in that i wasn't referring to their bendy mobile phone!

For £90 more you can get the 5500 which is a smart TV, and has more features.

I'm curious (and this is a general question, not specifically about this TV): what's so exciting about a "Smart" TV?

I'd have thought it would be better getting a normal TV and something like a Roku or Chromecast - the difference in price would allow you to then throw away the Roku/Chromecast device in a year or so and get the next iteration and keep the connected services on the cutting edge, and to repeat this exercise several times (the Chromecast was £18 in several Black Friday deals, so assuming new versions of the device hit the same price point you could refresh the device 5x for £90).

The Smart TV on the other hand is "stuck" with whatever the manufacturer put in the device at the time.

I agree Edwin, My Panasonic doesn't have Amazon on it so I have to go with Netflix. Not that I really watch much TV but I no noticed the other day when I signed up with Prime. Ho hum.

Samsung Smart TVs seem to work flawlessly with my ecosystem. The DLNA works and Plex works, which solves 99% of the network issues. The USB port on these can both record and playback, which makes it a kind of hybrid freeview recorder.

The big draw in this instance is that my mother was 64 this year (on 24th) and trying to teach her to use android has been like trying to get details out of invincible. Teaching her to use a laptop, has been 100x worse. She's never worked a job which has needed a computer so its all alien to her. The fact it works flawlessly in my ecosystem along with the ease of use made it a no brainer.

I guess a smart TV is just a less complicated version of chrome cast. Anything more complicated, I have a laptop for, I personally can't see why I would need chromecast or roku, I have a smart tv which can access both dlna and plex and I have a laptop which can wireless beam to the tv, where does chrome cast fit in ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom