Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Corona self-employed support - claim from 15th May

Don't think that is the case: if they simply wanted people to claim to spend they wouldn't have changed the rules.

People could have been adversely effected by the lockdown in November that may not be in December, but there's no 1 month option just 3 months

They don't have the man power to go through millions of claims to ask for evidence to see if a dog walker had been actively seeking new clients and prove they were or weren't

It's helicopter money and they need people to take it and spend it

People could have been adversely effected by the lockdown in November that may not be in December, but there's no 1 month option just 3 months

They don't have the man power to go through millions of claims to ask for evidence to see if a dog walker had been actively seeking new clients and prove they were or weren't

It's helicopter money and they need people to take it and spend it

That's your opinion. The same argument could be made for submitting fraudulent tax returns.

I would recommend anyone in doubt should speak to their accountant. Accountancy firms are flagging this and wouldn't do so if it wasn't of relevance to their clients.

For those without an accountant., MSE have a good guide here:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/n...ut-confused-about-whether-i-can-claim-my-bus/

Last edited:
Unfortunately though the 'flat earthers' will continue to claim it isn't serious, or is a conspiracy; I just consider them victims of stupidity.

Or victims of algos, if you consume enough of a certain topic peoples social media feeds will become one self assuring loop of batshit nonsense - See those who "Brees Media" that Yeadon chap etc are worth following...!

Off topic, but it will be interesting to see what the people who have made mini careers/fame out of the pandemic will pivot too afterwards - and it probably explains the anti-vax stuff from them, as where is the interest to them of it ending?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom