Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

First Ever .co.uk Auction!

Discussion in 'Sedo' started by sedo, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sedo Germany

sedo Sedo Staff

The new TLD “.uk“ launches on June 10th, which makes NOW the best time to snatch up the best .co.uk domain names! Starting tonight, we will host an auction for names like IT.co.uk, united.co.uk, and many more on our award-winning platform.

See more HERE

Why buy now?

As you may know, the .uk equivalents of the .co.uk names will be automatically reserved for current owners in the majority of cases. This means, if you are the owner of a .co.uk domain before June 10th, you may also have the rights to register the equivalent .uk domain.

Companies and individuals alike will be competing to get the rights for these new .uk domain names. That's why NOW is your best chance to secure them!

How to make bids:

1. Click on the button above or click here.
    2. Log into your Sedo account.
    3. Select the .co.uk names you wish to bid on, click “More Info”, enter your bid and click “Submit Bid” to make your bid. That’s all there is to it!

The auction runs for seven days and ends on May 13th.

For more info visit www.dotuklaunch.co.uk or our FAQ section.

Best regards
    Your Sedo Team

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. atlas Canada

atlas Well-Known Member

Will you guarantee that the winning bidder will get the domain before June 10? What happens if the seller delays the transfer past June 10 and registers the .uk in the meantime?

4. ian

ian Well-Known Member

Spotted this, but as per atlas, hesitant if domain completion cannot take place prior to the 10th June. Some lovely domains up for auction.

5. bulkcorn

bulkcorn Active Member

Why wasn't this .co.uk auction advertised on here prior to the auction start?

6. Retired_Member38

Retired_Member38 Banned

Dvdplayers.co.uk for 1-5k . Someone missed the boat in spectacular fashion there.... that was a £100k domain at one point!

7. Retired_Member38

Retired_Member38 Banned

Sedo - If you want these auctions to be taken seriously, why are you including absolute garbage in them (menshoes, accountjobs), along with American spellings on .uk domains (jewelryinsurance) and typos (artritis)

imo you'd be better with less domains and only the good ones... why include domains which aren't even realistically worth reg fee... they're not worth promoting are they?

Also the point above... this auction is completely worthless unless you can guarantee a completion before .uk launches. It would be sickening to pay and have the seller string out the transaction to effectively steal the .uk from you.

8. donreeco United Kingdom

donreeco Active Member

Completely agree!

9. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

I do like the page design

http://www.sedo.com/us/sedo/co-uk-auction-2014/

Well done with that.

Will you be doing any more co.uk specific auctions in future?

I've been hesitant to bother submitting domains in the past because it seemed like you wanted extremely low reserves.. but looking at some of the domains in the auction you have relaxed that considerably.

10. diablo

diablo Well-Known Member

Interestingly, none of the auction listings mention .uk rights - and neither does your auction landing page.

Am I right in assuming you aren't actually guaranteeing that buyers will get the right to the .uk if they buy a .co.uk in the auction?

11. Retired_Member42

Retired_Member42 Retired Member

I like texasholdem, pokerforum, cider, tequila.

Alcohol and gambling. Can't beat it.

12. bulkcorn

bulkcorn Active Member

IT, Cider and Paint are my favorites!

13. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

Interesting that cider.co.uk hit the reserve with a £1,000 bid. So that's at least 1 sale that should come out of the auction...

14. Retired_Member38

Retired_Member38 Banned

Obviously speculation as I don't know what they'll finish at, but I think if I was forced to buy one of the domains from this auction, it'd be Cider.

Some of the others at first glance look decent domains... but I'm struggling to think of what I'd actually do with them.

And the typos and so on... Sedo should be suitably embarrassed at their inclusion in the first place.

15. ian

ian Well-Known Member

There are a couple I could really make use of, but if Sedo are taking the position that doesn't guarantee completion prior to the 10th June, then I'm afraid I'm not interested. Imagine paying some of those prices only to miss out on the .uk, I think Sedo are dreaming if they don't clarify this point!

16. DaveP United Kingdom

DaveP Well-Known Member

It maybe worth checking if the domain you fancy isn't already owned by a domainer on here first too, I'm sure any trusting and honest seller will be more than willing to rush through by .uk launch. :)

17. philiporchard United Kingdom

philiporchard Well-Known Member

Some nice names in there for sure.
    I only spotted one typo - budgetaccommodation

I did see two Amercian spellings though:molding and jewelry, although I guess Amercian spellings are becoming more and more acceptable.

Good luck to everyone who has a decent premium in there.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  18. spiderspider

spiderspider Active Member

Do Sedo ever come back and answer questions?

Just a few of their threads lately, they post something, then sod off until they have another promotion running.

19. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

Not that I'm aware of, at least recently. I think they see Acorn more as a promotional vehicle than anything else.

(and they're very welcome to leap in and prove me wrong!)

20. Retired_Member42

Retired_Member42 Retired Member

It's not Sedo selling the domains, how can they guarantee completion? Surely it's down to the seller? Sedo aren't holding the domains in question?

21. mark

mark Active Member

As a few have asked I can confirm that the domains it.co.uk and url.co.uk are at auction on the basis the new owner will get the .uk.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.