Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

flip.uk - .UK Domain Auctions and Marketplace

@lazarus

Hope you are keeping well.

I was wondering if you would consider limiting the number of auctions a user can have running on the site that have a reserve price to 2 or 3 at anyone time?

There are a couple of users that continually cycle the same low quality domains with high reserve prices, that don't attract any, bids let alone get close to the reserve.

It would also be good, although it might be difficult to implement, to put a restriction on when the domain can be relisted unless it is relisted without a reserve: i.e. sorry you have already listed this domain in the last 28 days with a reserve price, please remove the reserve price or wait 28 days before re-listing it again.

Cheers!

Colin, noticed if you go into the auctions page, click on 'sold items', the filters no longer work and you cannot filter by highest price first for example.

Hi Colin. Is it a quick fix to add bulk category change ? Trying to do it one at a time is seconds of fun. Probably should have done something on bulk import should I?

Last edited:
Reactions: dee
@DJ Wood Sorry for the long delay. I missed this one. Yea I get what you mean. Do you think 28 days is the correct amount of time?

No problem I appreciate you have been keeping busy with making online appearances and all..

Some restriction or barrier to entry is definitely needed, maybe limiting how many auctions you can run with a reserve at any one time will stop it from being flooded.

On a different note how do the popular listings work as they never seem to change and I have at least one domain that appears to be more popular than most in the list?

Cheers!

Checked flip out last night & I like it.

The only thing I've noticed (and it has probably been flagged before but I don't have time to go back through 14+ pages -sorry!) is that on some domains, the domain in the URL doesn't match the domain you're making an offer on?

https://www.flip.uk/listing/< THIS BIT ! >/00000

Otherwise, great job. Looking forward to bidding on a few names.

I noticed a bug in the pagination of the feedback for users.

Thanks Webber. I will take a look at that over the weekend.

Also just to add. When an auction is new (in the last 24hrs) it will have the "NEW" tag applied to it. This saves you time if you visit the auctions daily. This is also the case for the marketplace too.

upload_2021-2-6_9-28-43.png

Cheers, Laz

Last edited:
@DJ Wood Sorry for the long delay. I missed this one. Yea I get what you mean. Do you think 28 days is the correct amount of time?

Colin

Just wondering if you have looked into putting any caps in place? The auction listings are flooded with fairly low quality with what I presume are high reserves. Not only is it making me reluctant to list anything, half the time I can't even be bothered to look through them and I am pretty sure I can't be the only one.

This user currently has 39 active auctions running all with reserves without 1 single bid:

https://www.flip.uk/other-items/gbcinvestments/67

This user has 22 live auctions without any bids:

https://www.flip.uk/other-items/citiolajide/163/

They also have the same auction running twice:

https://www.flip.uk/search?parent_id=&keywords=flattolet

The site is looking good but the above is seriously doing it more harm than good.

We mustn't drive sellers away just cause we think the quality of their domains isn't great.
But I agree there should be a limit on how soon a user can relist a domain for auction.
It's a very odd deja-vu when some domains keep reappearing.
And in all honesty if those domains didn't sell the first time, it's unlikely they will sell the second or third time, especially with a reserve.
A different user however should be able to relist a domain asap as there are cases where a domain is bought to be relisted.

We mustn't drive sellers away just cause we think the quality of their domains isn't great.
But I agree there should be a limit on how soon a user can relist a domain for auction.
It's a very odd deja-vu when some domains keep reappearing.
And in all honesty if those domains didn't sell the first time, it's unlikely they will sell the second or third time, especially with a reserve.
A different user however should be able to relist a domain asap as there are cases where a domain is bought to be relisted.

I agree, I have already suggested that domains should only be able to be relisted if the reserve is removed or price lowered. i.e. Sorry this domain did not sell for the asking price of £50 in the last 28 days. Please reduce the asking price or wait 28 days prior to relisting.

I think something similar to above as well as a cap on how many auctions you can have running with a reserve price at any one time would be a good idea.

Hi @Pedigree

Thanks for your message.

I am indeed in the process of implementing some sort of system to discourage lots of listings that are rotated. There has to be a balance I agree 100%

Domain Quality: The thing about domains is that it is highly subjective. I might think something is of low quality and the next person that is in that industry / field thinks it is of high quality. Who am I to judge?.. So the only way is for the buyers decide what a domain is worth.

The "New" label will show you the latest auctions each day to come onto the platform.

If you don't want to go through all the auctions then just look at the Spotlight section. The cream always rises to the top! This will show you the most popular auctions that are clearly premium or have bids. Also it is easy to see on the All auctions tab, the auctions that are finishing for that day.

Duplicates: Once in a blue moon a duplicate appears. I actually have the modification on my test server and this will be going over to the live server shortly.

I hope this answers your queries. It is a continuing process of tweaking things and when time permits.

Kindest, Colin

Who's in favour of having a broad reserve indicator on the auction page?

For example. For the hundreds range and a hidden reserve of £300 you would see "Low £xxx" and for anything over £500 "High £xxx" Same for the thousand range.

Cheers, Colin

Edit... Maybe in this format across all the ranges (£xx,£xxx,£x,xxx,£xx,xxx,£xxx,xxx)
  • Low 0 - 3.5
  • Mid 3.5 - 6.5
  • High 6.5 - 10

Last edited:
As a bidder I would find that info valuable because I would know whether it's within my budget or if I am wasting my time.
But from the seller's perspective and as a platform this could have a negative effect: less bids will be placed which might suggest less interest or less activity.
Just my two cents...

good idea

As a bidder I would find that info valuable because I would know whether it's within my budget or if I am wasting my time.
But from the seller's perspective and as a platform this could have a negative effect: less bids will be placed which might suggest less interest or less activity.
Just my two cents...

Cheers Webber & Dee

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom