Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

flip.uk - .UK Domain Auctions and Marketplace

I've had offers on Flip and had a look around, but I can't see a way to send the domain to auction, with the opening offer as the starting bid in an auction, is that not an option?

Last edited:
@lazarus, ok, thanks for confirming, I sent counter offers instead.

Another question, if I wanted to start an auction, the only options for starting prices are £1, £10, £30 or £50, why is there no ability to add a custom amount?

If there was, people could send domains to auction with a starting price matching the initial amounts offered.

• Agree
Reactions: DJ
You could set a reserve instead!

The system only allows me to have 1 reserve price auction at a time, and I had 3 offers on Flip today, so can't set a reserve for each.

The system only allows me to have 1 reserve price auction at a time, and I had 3 offers on Flip today, so can't set a reserve for each.

Are you using flip landing pages?

Is it just me today or is the site really slow to load?
I've had it time out a few times.

Same here

It was fairly slow yesterday also.

I also get an error that the site can't be reached when using mobile data on Sky Mobile - anyone else have this issue? Has been happening for a couple of months.

The homepage was always just a tad slower than any other page, might be worth caching it more aggressively

I like knowing who is bidding, it's transparent, it makes it a bit more personal and reinforces the community – we are a small bunch after all.
But this probably prevents some auctions from reaching their true potential, because when you see certain bidders you know you have no change.
Just my thoughts...

I agree with the above. Its nice to see if you have a credible bidder.

@lazarus, are you aware your site is down again, seems to be happening a lot in the last couple of days.

It definitely needs to be behind Cloudflare

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom