Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

flip.uk - .UK Domain Auctions and Marketplace

No doubt it takes time, just disappointed not to see any of the recent catches on there. I guess if they prefer to give money to domainlore it's their choice. The eyeball argument is nonsense, people will go wherever the name is if they really want it.

I agree, I sold Floorplans.co.uk and made a nice little profit and a number of others.

people will go wherever the name is if they really want it.

This is very true. It has the members just not the recent catches. No doubt the buyers will go to the place where the domain is.
It's the seller that is making this preference of selling elsewhere. Thinking that they would get more bids and in turn making more money.

One thing for sure is flip is getting new members and new domains every day at an increasing rate so it's heading in the right direction.

Last edited:
I believe that flip.uk main challenge has been targeting the message right.
Example: All Acorners know by now what flip.uk is and there is no such a high volume new members that come and join with the community every month. Some folks have been Acorn member from the time when Buffy the Vampire Slayer was running on the primetime on tv … so there is no reason why should you introduce yourself to the same people over and over and over again…

flip-uk1.jpg

Make it simple and focus on domainers expectations - they want to get the best domains, buy, sell, flip.

@lazarus if you have such a great opportunity to show flip.uk add on acorn main first sections then I suggest you show the main reason (for typical profile Acorners) why people should go to your site - show domains | auctions, recently added, popular listing.

* Popular listing = makes probably at least a few domain owners think that they are genius hackers if they make more clicks on their domain and direct traffic to get their domains free listed on Acorn homepage for FREEEEE ... but at least they are more motivated to share the link to your platform where their domains are listed.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:
View attachment 2961
flip 4.uk.png
flip 6.uk.png

NB! current design is just an example and printscreens not the final product!

Best,
Scrat

Last edited:
Agree. It would be nice to see a tighter integration between acorn and flip.
Both should win from it

The one thing that stops us bidding is that Denys is ruthless with shill bidders. The ones he has banned have found themselves on flip.uk

Whether they did it or not isn't so much the point here and I don't want to get involved in that argument. Flip will have that image whereas Domainlore doesn't. I don't know how you overcome that but from our point of view, it's a negative for buying.

I hope you don't shoot the messenger on this one :(

LC

You really can't expect such a level of scrutiny on a free platform. Maybe if you outsource it to the community, but then there are privacy concerns.
Shill bidding is pointless on a platform that allows you to set any reserve price without charging for it.
IP address could be displayed (partially masked) against every bid. And you might say ip can be changed, but a pattern would form.
Domainlore is stuck in the 90s

domainlore is dead in the water and that's only what its owner deserves

Hi, A few updates.

2 Minutes are added to the auction for any bidding action, previously it was just for anti snipping and if the auction had a new high bidder.

Notifications on the day (10:00am) of auctions finishing if you have bid on or have that specific auction in your wishlist
Also if you add a Marketplace listing in your wishlist, You will be notified on the last day if it is sent to auction.

I am also working on a notification 1 hour before the auction finishes for bidders or if you have it in your wishlist.

I will rename the current wishlist to watchlist.

Last edited:
Minutes are added to the auction for any bidding action, previously it was just for anti snipping and if the auction had a new high bidder.
Make it 5 or 10 in my opinion

Also, it would be nice to have a simple marketplace import form where you can just paste a long list of domains like on Dan.com

Hi Webber,
I did shorten it from 5 minutes to 2 as it can drag on a bit and I think 2 minutes is long enough to get a bid in.
What do others think?

I will go with the masses on this one.
I will put the cut / paste import form into the development list.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom