Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

network.co.uk drops today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the best chance to contact the owners?? or have they already lost it??
Looks like a typo in registrant

The Network (Olgivy and Mathel)

Should be Ogilvy and Mather??

allclear said:
Isn't the best chance to contact the owners?? or have they already lost it??
Looks like a typo in registrant

The Network (Olgivy and Mathel)

Should be Ogilvy and Mather??

thats what nominet will have tried to do in the first place, which is why it is being deleted!

http://www.nominet.org.uk/tag/faqs/prenom/

even if they were contactable it is likely that they would just say "thanks" and renew the name themselves:)

Last edited:
Yes but maybe they're not renewing because don't want to waster their money. SO an offer of £250 for it may keep them happy??

allclear said:
Yes but maybe they're not renewing because don't want to waster their money. SO an offer of £250 for it may keep them happy??

hmm... it doesnt take a genious to work out the names worth a fiver!

the reason why nominet are deleting these names is because the current owners have been found to be uncontactable. if you think you can do a better job than Nominet can (with only the whois info) then go for it :)

Thanks a lot Godfrey! Network domain is not dropping!

I have had no sleep the last 2 days because I have been on the nominet site continually hitting refresh hoping to catch network domain as soon as its available!

:mad:

Do you think it will be today?

This is driving me crazy because me and my brother are doing 8 hour shifts turnabout to get this domain. As soon as its available i'll be off to 123-reg to register it.

I hope you're joking Joe!

I really hope you're joking.

-aqls-

Joe said:

I have had no sleep the last 2 days because I have been on the nominet site continually hitting refresh hoping to catch network domain as soon as its available!

This is driving me crazy because me and my brother are doing 8 hour shifts turnabout to get this domain. As soon as its available i'll be off to 123-reg to register it.

You are seriously wasting your time, chances are it will be snapped up by an automated system in less than 1 second of it dropping, you have virtually zero chance of catching this manually im afraid.

Grant

Joe said:

Ignorance is not always bliss. I admire your spirit but....just no chance.

jonno said:
hmm... it doesnt take a genious to work out the names worth a fiver!

the reason why nominet are deleting these names is because the current owners have been found to be uncontactable. if you think you can do a better job than Nominet can (with only the whois info) then go for it :)

hmmm... it doesn't take a genius to work out nominet have sent an email to the administrative contact and a letter. I bet they haven't picked up the phone!! I'm sure they haven't searched on google! The current owners are easily contactable but nominet aren't that bothered! Why would they be?? I often get nominet knocking on my door asking why i haven't renewed a name!

allclear said:
hmmm... it doesn't take a genius to work out nominet have sent an email to the administrative contact and a letter. I bet they haven't picked up the phone!! I'm sure they haven't searched on google! The current owners are easily contactable but nominet aren't that bothered! Why would they be?? I often get nominet knocking on my door asking why i haven't renewed a name!

if you think you can get that domain for £200 then shouldn't you be doing more actions than talking (and advertising it to everyone else in the process)?

Last edited:
I don't want it. But what I'm saying is if everyone says it's impossible to catch a good name then if you approached the owners surely you'd get say 1 in 20 of them for a reasonable price (maybe not £200 but less than it's worth). Because if they knew the value they wouldn't be letting it drop?? And what i was also saying is everyone's tracable if you look hard enough!

allclear said:
And what i was also saying is everyone's tracable if you look hard enough!

I think there is a misunderstanding about how we work. The details on the whois show the legal entity, who is the only person/company that we recognise as the registrant of a domain. So if the details are rubbish then we are down to who is using it and whether they can prove they are actually the registrant.

At this point it gets very complicated because often the name is not in use, the original registrant no longer exists in the same form and so either multiple people believe they have a claim or nobody can be found. In those few cases where the domain is in use, then how does the person using it prove they are the registrant?

It is sorting out all this mess that takes the time.

Surely the tagholder has payment/invoice details from the last time they were renewed... "he who pays the piper calls the tune".

Joe said:

Just started reading this thread, didn't know whether to laugh or cry at this. Will this domain ever drop and what are the odds that an all too familiar tag gets it?

FC Domains said:
It didn't drop. Just renewed.

Yes, I know that... I meant someone managed to get it off the previous owners. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts