Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

New Auction Site DomainBay.auction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi

I’ve listed a few domains on Domainbay, I think it’s a new site? Has anyone else had any experience of them good or bad?

thanks for your time

bay in name + auction in name + raninbow coloured letters in logo

Cracked it

Huh. That's a rather ominous looking logo. I feel like I may be forced to use PayPal and be extorted for 10% fees either end

Looks like everything was listed today. Pray tell, how did you find this gem of an auction site?
Someone on one of the Facebook domain groups asked if anyone had used them, I’m slightly worried now as I’m the only one who has listed by the looks of it but I thought it’s free why not, I haven’t given any bank details or personal info so I’m hoping it will be ok.

Huh. That's a rather ominous looking logo. I feel like I may be forced to use PayPal and be extorted for 10% fees either end
Ummm I hope not, it says it’s free and you can use other methods then PayPal fingers crossed although I can’t see me selling any domains if I’m the only user ‍♂️

Some ok domains ..where abouts in the UK you based Theo ?
Hi Simon, based in Kent, new to buying and selling domains so I’m trying to find my feet, didn’t realise how competitive it was going to be, thought I’d try to make some extra cash part time as well as doing a full time job but I really was nieve lol

Ah right ..

Just so you know people on this forum are not daft ...
Strange that the owner of Domainbay.Auction is also in Kent ..

Domain Name: domainbay.auction

Updated Date: 2019-10-06T06:43:08Z
Creation Date: 2019-10-01T06:42:31Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2020-10-01T06:42:31Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC

Registry Registrant ID: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant Name: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant City: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant State/Province: Kent
Registrant Postal Code: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant Country: GB

Hi Simon, based in Kent, new to buying and selling domains so I’m trying to find my feet, didn’t realise how competitive it was going to be, thought I’d try to make some extra cash part time as well as doing a full time job but I really was nieve lol

Well welcome. If you're interested in hanging around there are loads of very helpful and knowledgeable people here. You can ask about anything like ...i dont know... marketing and link building etc and there'll be someone who can help or advice usually.

Ah right ..

Just so you know people on this forum are not daft ...
Strange that the owner of Domainbay.Auction is also in Kent ..

Updated Date: 2019-10-06T06:43:08Z
Creation Date: 2019-10-01T06:42:31Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2020-10-01T06:42:31Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC

Registry Registrant ID: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant Name: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant City: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant State/Province: Kent
Registrant Postal Code: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant Country: GB

That's pretty funny for a Monday morning.

JC1.co.uk is due to be sold today on Domainlore - so Domainbay.auction might want to be ready to delete that one from their page.

Same with Care 365.uk

Both those names on Domainlore are being sold by 'Theo613'.

Life is so full of coincidences like that.

Theo, I'd stick to Domainlore or UKBackorder if I was you. Far more chance of a sale on those sites. Unless DomainBay is your own site, and you've indicated it isn't, I'd steer clear of it.

I was wondering about bidding on JC1.co.uk as I collect religious domains, but I think I'll just stick to the .uk version if I decide to go for anything (seeing as it's available). I've sort of lost confidence until there's clear confirmation that DomainBay is not your domain, because I am not quite sure whether to trust you or not. Sorry. If you are bona fide, and DomainBay has nothing to do with you, I take it all back. Good luck with your sales on Domainlore today anyway.

Last edited:
If your goal is to get involved in domaining, list your domains at the existing places (which is still free), get involved in the community, and learn. If you then want to start your own auction site in competition with the current players, nobody will have a problem with an established member of good reputation announcing a relevant service here.

Throwing up a WeBid site over a weekend, banging a dozen week-old domains on it (along with a couple that don't even exist - Enlargments.uk and CustomMugs.uk - to pad the numbers), then spamming it on a forum of professionals under the guise of a legitimate customer, throws up far too many red flags for you to be taken seriously.

I mean credit where credit is due, he's done his best to pretend not to own it. Even questioning it's legitimacy, if the owner of the site has to question the legitimacy then potentially there maybe some questions around it's legitimacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom