20i Reseller Hosting

profit.co.uk sale

Discussion in 'Domain Research' started by humble pie, Jul 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. humble pie United Kingdom

humble pie Banned

interesting..., on on the face of it seems 'end users' are still prepared to stump up for a good name. I would have wanted 10k for this type of domain ( 10 years ago :) ) that's me this is now.

The site has been developed in a just about usable state, clearly someone has plans for it. But they could have saved themselves £4,995 and bought xyzprofit.co.uk - wouldn't that have done the job just as good?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Personally i think its one of those domains which could be open ended, I for one would rather have a nice direct brand rather than having xyz in front of behind the term.

5k seems reasonable , the plural version is listed for the same price too so i would say 5k is priced to sell rather than priced to squeeze every penny out of it.

Would i pay 5k for it.....if i had money to burn...Yeah possibly. Id hate to think what they want for the .com variant though

4. humble pie United Kingdom

humble pie Banned

My instinct says that it allows this company instant credibility and to punch above its weight within its intended new commercial space.

I agree 5k is a good price for all, although I would wager that many startups (although this is not strictly a start-up) would balk at paying 5k for a domain like this and go for the madeup-word.guru, this of course opens up said can of worms about generic Vs. $10 FTR brandables again :rolleyes:

..you ready to dance Redemption.. :)

5. Retired_Member42

Retired_Member42 Retired Member

With you, always.

Nothing more to add though really, I think profit.co.uk is a great domain and I think the price is somewhat cheap.

You imply that I'm against every domain that costs more than $10 - I'm really not. I just think the negatives outweigh the positives when it comes to product/service/keyword domains - profit.co.uk is neither.

If they'd started up on BusinessBrokerage.co.uk or BusinessBroker.co.uk I might have more to say but in this case I see no issue. I think your £10k estimate is closer to the value of this domain than the sales price.

6. ian

ian Well-Known Member

Given what they have spent, you would have thought it would still be sensible to register the full business name, profitbusinessbroker .co.uk

7. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

I notice that profit.uk is registered to another entity. Is it to the former registrant of profit.co.uk or someone else entirely? I prefer the readability of profit.uk vs profit.co.uk.

8. paymatters United Kingdom

paymatters Active Member

Would be a good accountancy brand

9. martin-s United Kingdom

martin-s Well-Known Member

Sales and marketing consultancy maybe, but I'm not a big fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.