20i Domains

UK geo domains

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by twostepsbehind, Jul 1, 2019.

1. RobM

RobM Retired Member

You know that means exactly the *opposite* to what you're saying? Sorry just derailing the thread momentarily to point out one of my biggest peeves - now back to calling each other names :)

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. Ben Thomas

Ben Thomas Well-Known Member

Yeah man, you know I'm so sorry about that because it does my head in too. It's just a habit!

COULDN'T

:D

4. Robert Smith United Kingdom

Robert Smith Active Member Full Member

Back in the day it seemed ok - but nowadays i would steer clear.

I have some legacy ones that will make you laugh:

https://www.thebankofengland.uk/
    https://www.manunited.uk/ - i appeared on the radio 2 years ago - they introduced me as part of Manchester United lol - that went down well

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Ben Thomas

Surprised MUFC haven't approached you for a sale.

6. Trauiner United Kingdom

Trauiner Active Member

Come on pal, all your posts just don't make sense. You had 180 people writing for free for you, averaging 30 "high quality" blog posts every day and it wasn't profitable so you closed it down or something? If the quality of the website(s) were that good and your writing costs were free, something is seriously wrong if it wasn't ranking in Google and getting you enough traffic to hire someone to manage it.

You needing to go work for your company isn't a valid reason either. I'm not sure if you know but your company revenue details are publicly accessible via companies house and it doesn't show any sort of decent revenue/business.

You go on about having all these hundreds and hundreds of domains and "high quality" content streaming out of all corners of websites... come on my friend. It's very obvious by all your comments you're a typical 'content marketer' who just sets up hundreds of website with paid/cheap content.

7. Trauiner United Kingdom

Trauiner Active Member

They would just threaten legal action if they wanted the domain. Unfortuantely, I don't think any of us could waste the money to defend our case against their solicitors. Cheaper to just hand it over.... rightly or wrongly.

8. Ben Thomas

Dude you sound so negged about something. What's the matter, man? Do you need to talk about something? Is your life that unsuccessful you have to berate people on a forum?

9. Trauiner United Kingdom

Trauiner Active Member

Just hate people that talk lies. People come on here to be aspired and help grow their business, buy sell/domains etc.

When they see things like people saying ".UK" domains categorically outrank ".co.uk" domains across the board, it's extremely damaging to the industry. People get burned because of that.

10. armistice

armistice Active Member

wow, strong opinions on both sides :)
    Can I ask, coming back to the original question what you think the better geo's from ROR would sell for, e.g. manchester.uk, cornwall.uk, bournemouth.uk, bradford.uk, edinburgh.uk, devon.uk etc

11. twostepsbehind United Kingdom

twostepsbehind Active Member Acorn Supporter

Thank you

So three pages and nobody answered my question in OP...

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. stitchbob

stitchbob Active Member

Shh, we're bickering over here.

The simple answer is, they'll fetch what the market will bear. Manchester, Dublin, Cornwall and the other big ones will probably do pretty well. Monmouthshire and Shropshire probably less so. It'll be interesting to see whether Worcestershire does better than Worcester - the former covers a bigger area, but the latter feels more local to the people who live there.

I don't think any of them will do as well as their co.uk counterparts would do right now, but any of them could be developed as a decent contender for their more established neighbours.

13. timter51

timter51 Well-Known Member

Eastbourne.uk got £755 at auction which I think gives a decent indication of current trade prices, that's one of the UK's most popular seaside towns with a £500m tourism industry. You can extropolate that for other geos bringing into account population, tourism, growth etc. And of course end user sales will be higher, possibly 5x+ higher.

I'm not a fan of .uk, but I am a fan of geo .uks.

14. ian

ian Well-Known Member

I'll clear it up, they are terrible, no one should go for manchester.uk today.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. stitchbob

stitchbob Active Member

There's a lot of geo's going today, I'm actually in two minds whether to throw my hat in for manchester or focus on a couple with better odds.

16. twostepsbehind United Kingdom

I think Manchester.uk is great - if I could I'd go for it...

One of the best, if not the best, of this release imo...

17. stitchbob

stitchbob Active Member

I agree totally, but that means every man and his dog is going to try and grab it. I feel like it might be a waste of my valuable first minute slots.

18. Siusaidh

Siusaidh Retired Member

Glasgow.uk today could be handy as well... but what if Scotland votes for independence! It wouldn't be in the uk then, so Scottish geo domains have the risk factor that they might be short-lived?

• Like Like x 2
  19. twostepsbehind United Kingdom

A very valid point...

20. stitchbob

stitchbob Active Member

If it's anything like Brexit, you'd still have at least 3 years of hemming and hawing before anything actually happened.

21. Ben Thomas

Hope someone gets lucky with manchester.uk, quite a few decent ones today.

Tags: