20i hosting

Use your tag and become a dropcatcher

Discussion in 'Drop catching Domain Names' started by RobM, Sep 30, 2017.

1. RobM

RobM Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

• Like Like x 3
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

Thanks Rob,

My public catching service is now set up and ready to take bookings at CatchDomains.co.uk

It's being run as full auction model like some other popular catch sites, where whoever bids the highest is awarded the catch if it's caught.

Full details in the FAQ on the site.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JMI

JMI Active Member Acorn Supporter

Why would they not just go with you direct?

5. Systreg

How could they go with me direct, I hadn't posted saying I was available to load private catches.

In any case, over the years I've occasionally posted on here saying I have slots available on quieter days. People send PM's asking if I have a slot for a domain with the 3rd letter D, or ending with R for example, because they obviously don't want to give the full domain name away, so it ends up being cryptic PM's and a lot of messing about.

For me, this hosted public catching service takes away the hassle of having to post to say I have slots available, then having back and forth PM's saying have you got a slot for domain with the 3rd letter D etc, this way, people can simply book what they want, when they want, and I don't have to do anything with regards to PM's and loading names etc.

6. JMI

JMI Active Member Acorn Supporter

Sorry was just a bit confused - I thought you were both offering a drop catching service, I understand now what the difference is.

7. RobM

We are both offering dropcatching. There are many people offering dropcatching I'm just providing the billing/invoicing/ordering/autochasing infrastructure for people who only have a tag and a paypal address to offer a total service.

8. Systreg

Thanks to those who have signed up on the site so far, and nice to see that there are 3 pages of bookings already :)

9. ian

ian Well-Known Member Acorn Supporter

Great option for those looking to maximise their tags on domains they wouldn't normally chase. Would be great if @Admin could offer some kind of section for those offering this 'auction style' platform to be known.

10. dragon

dragon Active Member Acorn Supporter

11. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Can one pay the £50/month and use the platform entirely for private drop catching? Thanks.

12. RobM

Sure although it does seem a bit of a waste.
    You can block patterns of domains, eg 3 letter co.uk, or specific domains from being backordered. You can also put the site into maintenance mode where nobody can use it, except admin, whilst you are reviewing changes etc. You call a page (info provided) and it returns the current chase list which you can then read with your own software. You don't need to use domainview chasing.

13. Systreg

Hey, that looks just like mine haha

I've asked Rob about adding an option for changing site header, footer, background colours etc, and adding a logo, so that sites can look a bit more individual.

• Like Like x 1
  14. RobM

Yes individual customisation is coming but at the moment it's about the service and platform. You can edit meta tags, favicon, insert your own code etc but I will be adding colour customization and custom css over the next few days as I receive feedback for what people would like to see.

15. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Thanks for the info.

16. Systreg

Testing to see if my signature link is working.

Quite a lot of names are booked now and still at the minimum £35 offer, including lll's and generics etc, for example, there was a domain booked yesterday which I think was still at £35 from a single bid, shame I can't bid on the site myself.

I placed bids of £2xx and £3xx for that same domain on two other sites, so there's still a lot of domains that can be booked cheaply on my site, register and make your bids.

[edit]

Hmm, sig link not working, but works in the signature preview, anyone know how to get that working?

17. seemly

seemly Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to see signatures since the forum theme was updated.
    I'm pretty sure that only paying subscribers have their signatures displayed?

18. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Active sig links are paid members supporters bud, just checked and it is the case:

19. Systreg

Ah right, thanks, I didn't think about that, no worries about the sig then, cheers

20. DomainAngel

DomainAngel Active Member Acorn Supporter

Awesome offering, thank you for creating it, another set up at www.catchit.co.uk