Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Who's Holding BTC?

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Hay, Aug 18, 2020.

1. JMI

JMI Active Member

I bought some bitcoin last week, but I still think it's a giant ponzi bubble, it has no use, its not a store of value and is basically paper fiat on steroids - fools Gold of the highest order, and some poor bastard will be left holding the bag when it crashes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. JMI

JMI Active Member

I can accept that possibly if I owned a whole bitcoin no one could "steel" from my "crypto-wallet" it in the future, but if I have "nothing" what difference does it make if it gets stolen or not... because bitcoin only has value based on the fact someone else believes they are going to get rich by buying it, there is essentially nothing there. Just because something goes up (and obviously can come crashing down) it does not mean it is a store of value unlike precious metals. That said, I might buy some more bitcoin this week purely to hoard as a longer term play, I'm not adverse to jumping on the bandwagon :)

3. lazarus

lazarus Super Moderator Staff Member

Never a bad time to buy BTC if you wait long enough :)

4. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member

Pretty pleased with a few grand increase on my portfolio and ive only been in it for a few weeks. I am holding and not trading at the moment though so its pure long term investment.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

I've started selling BTC at 51.4k. In retrospect, it will be too soon. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member

Selling the physical holding or trading ( shorting ) ?

54k will be a big rejection or resistance, as it will be the 1 trillion dollar marketcap.

Shorting would be crazy so im assuming your selling the holding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Admin

Selling coins i bought in 2015. I don't short or margin trade.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member

Time for retirment then :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Admin

Absolutely.

10. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member

Pleased for you bud. I think we'll see BTC double before the end of the year with all the instituions taking up, but we'll see it dump big before that happens as there will be manipluation to get the big boys in at lower prices I reckon. ( although many of them will have been aquiring for a while just not announcing )

I'm putting a decent portfolio together for DOT, ADA and ETH, but still larger holding of BTC. Hoping ADA and DOT will do what i think they will over the next 5 years.

Wish id got into this earlier, buying BTC and it not even getting close to 1 BTC is demoralising :D but still profiable.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Admin

I think you are right, it will be a hell of a year for BTC and there will also be a drop. I'm not selling out completely, I'll keep some and go in and out with them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ben Thomas

Ben Thomas Well-Known Member

What did you buy in at Steve? Did you get many? I am late to the game and it feels shameful.

13. Admin

£200 something ($300 something) per btc

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ben Thomas

Ben Thomas Well-Known Member

Some profit that :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  15. DJ

DJ Well-Known Member

Can I have my Acorn Supporter fee back please ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. stitchbob

stitchbob Active Member

I think transaction fees currently make BTC non-viable as an actual currency, but it still has value as an investment. I'm not holding a lot, but I'm currently buying £50-100/month as a disposable income/see what happens play.

Basically each month I increase my holding to the next £100 level - so if I start March at £300 and my holding are worth £340 by the beginning of April, I buy another £60 to take it to £400. Doing it that way helps me keep an eye on growth, because I can see the amount I need to invest grow or shrink according to the coin growth. That means I can do some basic level of growth tracking through my normal accounting processes.

17. jhm

jhm Member

Bitcoin and Ethereum. Since you posted about this the price is obviously different. Long is better than short, "hodling" is better than trading

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

Whats the consensus, is the Bitcoin (and crypto) bull market over? is the all time high already in until the next halving? or will we get a $100k-300k blow off top in 2021 as most BTC bulls have prophesied using previous cycles as the map

19. dee

dee Well-Known Member

I think most people are still pretty bullish arent they? ( I stilll think its going up ) Suspect we're close to a turning point around 30k

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Admin

I think we are bottoming now, perhaps a bit lower over the next week or two and then we head back up. I still see a new ATH this year.

• Agree Agree x 1