- Joined
- Mar 26, 2009
- Posts
- 1,057
- Reaction score
- 151
Welcome to AcornDomains.co.uk, a friendly community for UK domain investors, developers and anyone interested in domain names.
Whether you're looking to buy or sell domains, learn more about the UK domain market, get feedback on your names, or simply chat with other domainers, you're in the right place. AcornDomains has been bringing together people from across the UK domain industry for many years, from complete beginners to experienced investors.
Have a look around, join the discussions and, if you haven't already, create a free account and introduce yourself.
I see they have turned auto renew on all names even if you don’t cancel ?
Just tried to activate my .uk domains, got an error message alerting me to contact 123reg, I opened a ticket with them, and got this as a reply.
Support Agent
Vladut
19.12.2017. 14:21
Hi Dave,
Thank you for contacting us.
I can see that currently, you have moved all the .co.uk counterparts of the domains away from 123-reg.
If you want to keep the .uk domains, in order to be able to activate these you need to transfer the co.uk counterparts back to 123-reg.
Alternatively, if you want to surrender all the .uk domains, we can disable the Whois privacy so that these are visible in your Nominet account.
This way you should be able to surrender the domains from the Nominet account.
If you want to proceed this way, please confirm we can remove the privacy for all the .uk domains you see in the .uk domains section of your 123-reg Control Panel so that we can further assist.
Thank you for your patience an understanding while this is ongoing.
If there’s anything else at all I can do for you please let me know and I’ll be very happy to help.
Kind Regards,
Vladut
123-reg
Seems I'm not allowed to activate them as I transferred the corresponding .co.uk's away..... apparently I can surrender them all though!
Have just replied asking them to explain why i have to transfer the corresponding .co.uk's back again to enable activate/control over domains i now own
That's why you have to keep Nominet appraised.
I have not been following this thread for a while.
Could someone bring me up to date, please?
Is the unauthorised exercising of .uk rights and keeping such names under privacy (thus depriving the domain owner of potential domain enquiries and sales, and perhaps also traffic revenues) limited to 123reg only?
Or are there other examples of well known registrars that have followed the same pattern of behaviour?
Thanks and Happy New Year
Is the unauthorised exercising of .uk rights and keeping such names under privacy (thus depriving the domain owner of potential domain enquiries and sales, and perhaps also traffic revenues) limited to 123reg only?
Or are there other examples of well known registrars that have followed the same pattern of behaviour?

We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.